SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shay13_gw

help connecting dvd recorder+hdtv

shay13
16 years ago

I recently purchased a LCD HDTV. The cable company hooked up their receiver to view channels broadcast in HD. Prior to this, on my old TV I could prerecord shows to my DVD recorder or while I was watching TV (through the DVD) I could record while watching a program. Since the installation, I have not been able to use my DVD to view or record programs, it only works for movies. I have had two visits from the cable technicians who say it is hooked up correctly, but I am still at a loss. I went to Best Buy to get help, and they sold me some audio/video cables and gave me an example of how VCRs are connected for these devices. I used their example to connect my DVD to my receiver, but I still can't view or record through it. (I've also lost my manual to the DVD recorder--no help there). Can someone suggest what I might be doing wrong, assuming that a DVD recorder should work with a cable HD receiver? I am somewhat technologically challenged, so detailed descriptions or diagrams would certainly help.

Comments (7)