SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth_gw

Digital camera purchase - any suggestions?

downsouth
16 years ago

We are purchasing a new digital camera soon. I would like a point and shoot camera with excellent zoom capability. Is there such a camera, LOL? I enjoy taking pictures of birds and hope to get some beautiful close up shots. Is there a point and shoot on the market with the zoom I would be happy with, without getting blurry pictures?

He's looking at the Canon Rebel XTi, which I'm not sure whether it's a point and shoot? It's rather pricey, but he said it gets good reviews. I don't mind spending $800, but I believe we could find one for a much lesser price that will fit our needs. We are the type of people who keep the camera set on Auto. Would also use it to zoom in our grandson at his football games. I also would like our new camera to not be so heavy.

Any particular options we should be looking at while camera searching? A friend of mine has a Canon with an image stabilizer and she said not to get one without this feature.

Is one brand better than another? Anxious to see what your recommendations/suggestions are.

Dee

Comments (7)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!