SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbb_gw

Strange Acting TV

barbb
11 years ago

Hope I'm in the right forum, but if not, please direct me. Thanks.

I have a problem that just started this summer. For some reason the audio on my TV (19" Samsung---5 years old), will cut out off and on especially during commercials. It will literally mute itself, and the graphic for what the station is will appear and there it will remain until it decides to become normal again and that's either for the rest of the commercial or the show comes back on. The video stays constant, just the audio cuts out. This can also happen during a show, but not as often as during commercials. Doesn't make any difference which station or time of day. I'm on cable not satellite.

My husband also had something similar happen to his TV last year, but the problem was not quite the same. On his there were two channels that would shake and turn different colors plus mute themselves, but that's not the case this year, and his doesn't do what mine is doing.

I know this sounds weird, and somehow I wonder if this might have to do with atmospheric conditions in the summer???? I have no idea, and frankly don't even know who to call so thought I'd start here first.

Thank you so much for whatever help you can give.

BarbB

Comments (15)