SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Neighbor putting trash can in front of my house

jockewing
12 years ago

This is really far from a disaster, and I don't really like to complain about the small stuff, but this is annoying me---

I have these new people that are renting the house directly across the street. The owners moved out a few weeks ago, and I was vaguely aware of these people who moved in as they originally lived much farther down my same street. I will just say that the woman is very socially awkward--I don't know if she has mental deficiencies, but in the few times she has approached me, I felt like I was talking to a 5 year old. I have been told by others down the street that if you make the mistake of engaging with her, she will bother you to no end, knocking on doors, approaching you every time you are outside, saying all sorts of strange things. So, I have been polite and waved when I see them, but I do not engage with them.

All of that aside, I noticed a few weeks ago that these people are putting their trashcan right next to mine on the curb in front of my house every week instead of leaving it across the street in front of their own house. The garbage truck comes down both sides of the street and everyone else on their side of the street leaves it in front of their own house. Why are they doing this? I probably wouldn't care but for the fact they have left it in front of my house each week until after 5PM the next day. Once, I subtly pushed it away from my house further down the street hoping they would get the hint. I didn't want to roll it across the street to their house because I don't want them to think I plan on doing this for them every week.

I really don't want to approach them over something that really isn't that big of a deal, and I want to avoid starting a relationship with the woman.

Any advice?

Comments (37)