SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petratek

Branch of a tree fell on my car !!

petratek
12 years ago

Less than a week ago, I parked my car in an apartment complex parking lot under a huge tree. When I came back, I was shocked to see a huge live branch fell on my tree. The day was clear and sunny and no wind. The damage was estimated over $2,500 mainly body damage. The car is in the shop as we speak. I have comprehensive insurance with $1000 deductible. My questions is would the apartment complex be responsible for at least my $1000 deductlble. when I talked to the management they declined any responsiblility on the basis that it was an act of God. When we looked at the tree above the parking space we saw a huge dead branch located just underneath the branch that broke off. There was also an indication from the discoloration at the point where the branch broke off that it was already partially broken but still a live branch. I am contemplating taking them to small claim court on the basis of poor maintenance - dead branches and partially broken branches should have been removed !! What are my chances of collecting at least my deductibles if go that route? Any feed back from the members would be greatly appreciated.

Petratek

Comments (17)