SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Problem with phone line

catherinet
15 years ago

Hi,

We live out in the country and have 2 phone lines. Unfortunately, every time it rains or the snow melts, we have either a bad connection or the one phone line is dead. We usually have to wait until someone comes to fix the big box down the road. We also lose connection to line 1, when he's working on the box, even when we didn't have a problem. I'm getting pretty tired of AT&T's unreliability, plus it takes an hour to reach anyone by phone.

Its usually the phone company's problem, because I check the interface box outside, and it doesn't work there either.

But lately, there's been a new problem, and I would prefer to figure it out without paying bunches of money to AT&T to fix it, if its a problem inside the house. Its strange though.

I will go to make a call, and the phones are completely dead, although they work in the interface box, so that would indicate a problem inside.

But I've figured out if I call my home phone with my cell phone, it makes it work again! Why would that make it work again? Does that tell me anything about what the problem might be?

Thanks.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert