SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ohforpetesake

Mexican standoff with brown recluse spider

ohforpetesake
21 years ago

Eww. I just had the most hideous battle with a spider the size of a freaking fist. I was warned of the intruder by our builder, who noticed it in our master bedroom closet and promptly fled. When he told me how huge it was, I thought he was exaggerating. Unfortunately, I was disappointed bigtime. I was armed with a bottle of Sevin indoor bug killer which claimed to do the trick on contact. Not so, say I. This thing advanced toward me undaunted. I swore I saw little silver spurs on its legs! After battling it with spray after spray I went and found a heavy peice of board in the garage and dropped it on the thing to squash it. Question 1: My carpet in the closet is pretty wet with bug killer. The label says safe for floor coverings, base boards ect. Safe for spiders too apparently. Will it harm the carpet if I used too much? Question 2: What killer actually works on these things? If this was just a taste of what I am in store for I want to have a counterattack planned. Preferrably preventative. I hate spiders! Thanks for listening and for any suggestions.

Comments (49)