SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanb_tx

Has anyone had good luck with any portable tvs?

susanb_TX
18 years ago

I've had several portable tvs (like 5"-7" screens) - the Action tv did last a while. I need it mainly for the car. The problem with the Action seems to be the cigarette lighter connection but I've bought two or three connections at Radio Shack and have the same problem (different brands, too). It would power up, or it takes a long time to power up and then if you barely tap the tv or hit a bump, it goes out. I paid $115 for a Trinity and it didn't work well. Very frustrating.

So I bought two others and could barely get reception, if at all, returned them. Just bought a Sylvania at Best Buy for $30 and it was great the first couple of days and when it DOES get a picture, its a good one. Since then, sometimes it comes on, sometimes not, and sometimes it powers up but without a picture at all. This one does seem to take bumps easier though.

I was wondering if any of you have had good luck with a particular one and if you used it in a car. I don't want one you have to have installed. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Comment

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz