SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_the_dabbler

Need Cat-Proof Cordless Phone

carol_the_dabbler
13 years ago

For many years I had a reliable old cordless phone on my nightstand. It looked very much like a Trim-Line corded phone, except of course it had no cord and it did have a small antenna. As long as I kept the base antenna folded down and the handset antenna nestled between other items, it was reasonably catproof. When my old standby stopped working, I figured I'd just go to the store and get a replacement. Hah!

It seems that virtually all of the cordless phones on the market now are cleverly designed with the handset standing at attention, so that a cat can dislodge it from the base with one brisk *whack* of the paw. (On the plus side, very few of them now have exterior antennas -- otherwise known as chew toys. And of course they don't have those other chew toys called cords.)

I've tried searching Amazon, but can't figure out what exactly to search on. "Cordless phone" gets me 19,000 items, but adding "cat" gets me zero. Is there a special name for a cordless phone where the handset assumes a horizontal position, nestled securely into the base with the button side DOWN?

Help! Please?

Carol

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH