SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runninginplace

i hate housework!!!

runninginplace
12 years ago

Just putting it out there. I really, really, really loathe and despise housework, especially cleaning my house. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

I so dread weekends, because every single Saturday I:

1) start out intending to devote the entire waking portion of my day cleaning my house but instead

2) force myself to do the basics--bathrooms and kitchen--half heartedly tidy the rest of the place and then gratefully fling myself down to read, noodle on the computer, nap or otherwise enjoy life.

I work all week and although in my fantasies I am perpetually on the verge of becoming that woman who comes home and dedicates time in the evenings to diligently working on many projects and home-improvement cleaning and tidying efforts, it ain't happening.

My husband is a gem; he takes care of most of the laundry, the pets, the outside chores and if I don't stop him the dishes by handwashing since he morally disapproves of dishwashers (don't ask). He tidies up after himself too, never a stray sock left on the floor or a dish by the television. He is a putter-er, bless his tidy heart, and does use that half or full hour every night to beaver away on whatever little project he's got going. Again, that ain't me babe.

Then too, having my 2 college age children living at home is fueling my fires. Basically we've now got 4 adults living in this house, 2 of whom aren't pulling their weight. Oops, make that 3 because I'm not either!

Although I hate cleaning and tidying with the burning passion of a thousand suns, my downfall is that I do love and adore a clean and spotless home. Just yesterday I went to lunch with friends and visited one's home for the first time. Ah, everything neat, tidy and quietly in order. No nasty projects half done, no shoes thrown next to every door, no week's worth of mail piled on the entry way table, everything in place and looking pristine. Of course my rational side keeps reminding my raging side that this friend is an empty nester who is wealthy; the gardener was there when I arrived, I know she has weekly housecleaning help and her husband has been away for 2 months. Still, I can feel the envy monster nibbling away at my dusty and unswept heels...

On Tuesday my stepmother is 'loaning' me her housekeeper since she is traveling and the lady wants the work. I'm going to see how it works out because my system clearly isn't!

Ok. That's all. I'm going to finish cleaning the )(@^% kitchen now.

Did I mention I hate housework?!

;)

Ann

Comments (11)