SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Scary Southeast Storm thread

gsciencechick
10 years ago

Just hoping everyone is safe. There was a lull in the weather between today and yesterday, so I headed out to the Y this morning since they were open and roads were clear. Well, while I was there, it started snowing and road conditions rapidly deteriorated. It was a pretty scary ride home which normally takes me about 10 min. Plus, I just got a new-to-me car, and although I have AWD and am cautious, I don't need anyone to slide into me. People here tend to drive too fast for road conditions.

I'm supposed to go to a regional conference. I had planned to just drive on Friday, but I am doubtful the roads will be good by then, worrying about black ice in the morning. School is obviously closed today, and there is no way we will go tomorrow either because this storm is supposed to last at least through the morning on Thurs.

It is really snowing pretty hard now. Just hoping for more snow, less sleet and freezing rain. As long as the power stays on, I will be thankful. Happy to be home with DH and kitty.

Comments (53)