SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina_w_gw

TGIF boys and girls!

Gina_W
15 years ago

This week has flown by. Ping pong and Pilates and doggy and laundry and work and haircut and lawsuits, OH MY! (Don't ask.)

Anyway I'm ping-ponging the whole weekend. And my boys are coming back with new episodes in about a week. Yeehaw!!!

{{gwi:1450253}}

Comments (19)

• annie1992
    15 years ago

LOL, Gina, same here but with more snow, no ping pong and the lawsuits aren't mine. (grin)

Elery is here for the weekend. He brought a new TV with him, my old one died a while ago and I didn't think I really needed another one, I seldom watch it anyway. I finally told him I'd buy a "small" TV. He informed me that the "big screen TV" thing wasn't just a guy thing as I had always believed, it was actually an AGE thing. He told me anything under 32 inches and he couldn't see it from the couch. (grin)

Other than that, I'm nursing a sore back from a fall on the ice I took last Sunday. Oh, and Equalization finally approved the split on the farm property, so I'll prepare a deed next week and pay the farm off, so I can quit making TWO payments and just go back to paying one.

We're in the middle of another storm warning, we're supposed to get another 6 to 10 inches of snow tonight, so it's a nice night to just stay in.

Annie

• User
    15 years ago

Happy pingy and pongy Gina! Not asking about the law suit....

Big weekend sorta...actually not really, but I am feeling overwhelmed for some reason. Family Birthday party /going away party for Chris, Sara and Meredith tomorrow. No biggie just family and I've done it a million times but for some reason I am super stressed.

Meredith's BF has been staying ere , my routine is shot, trying to help Meredith understand all that needs to get done when one is traveling to a foreign country for 6 months, and I'm not talking about the bikini she seems focused on finding........thud!

Oh well, if I was her age, with her bode I'd be thinking of the bikini instead of Blue Cross too! LOL

• Related Discussions

It's a girl, girl and boy!!!!

Q

Comments (17)
    Oh, WOW! Congrats on all those little ones coming at the same time! My boy&girl twin grankids just turned 6 and it's being SUCH an experience seeing from day 1 that he's "such a boy" and she's "such a girl" even though they're the same age & raised by the same parents. The "twin thing" is soooo special (they have an older brother and sister.) They had their own language before they were speaking ours, and they cooked up an escape plan when they were barely one (talking in their "language" for a while before they both bolted in opposite directions while this Grandma was watching them. . . .) And then you throw their same-aged cousin into the mix. . . .It's gonna keep you on your toes!
    ...See More

Need ideas on a Boy and Girl Shared bedroom

Q

Comments (11)
    I think that room on Blackish is so cute. I don't know how to paint/decorate. I am having trouble because most rooms you see with shared boy/girl rooms they are twin beds and each side decorated differently. I will have a Twin over full bunk/loft bed. The kids really like the sports decals.. I am not tied to them but unsure how to pull this room together with either paint or something. UGH.. I wanted to hopefully paint next weekend. Any other ideas.
    ...See More

Playroom storage ideas, 10 y/o boy and girl, layout help

Q

Comments (2)
    Indent/cut out space is 83”x29” ... We’d like to keep that space as much closed storage as possible. Found “expandable” pseudo-custom cabinetry here on Houzz that would work.
    ...See More

boy & girl shared bunk bed help me !! small space decorate

Q

Comments (3)
    I would go with gray comforters and then you could add a little pink for your daughter and a little color for your son as in shades of gray, blue or a green. Are you keeping the dresser? Maybe paint the bunk bed the same color and it will make the room appear larger. A multi colored rug and some artwork and lighting.
    ...See More
  • Gina_W
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cuddle with that cute DH and watch your new big TV tonight Annie - sounds like a nice evening.

Sharon, don't fret too much about Meredith. I traveled a lot by myself when I was young - she'll be fine. You must be so proud of her.

I'm fretting about my newly trimmed bangs - what the heck did she do? They look funky.

• gbsim1
    15 years ago

TGIF to all!!

It's in the 70's here now and sunny, but expected to drop into the 30's and rain tomorrow.... that's Louisiana for you!

This week the last of the sons left (the youngest is back at college) and I took down the Christmas decorations (okay so the lights are still on the porch!) and actually even got them back into the attic! Joe rode his horse for the first time since his hip replacement in November and felt great. It was the first ride for both of us since April.... needless to say, we didn't go far!

Pumpernickel bread is rising, butternut squash soup is simmering and I'm hoping that there is a Netflix movie down in the mailbox for after dinner watching.

Annie, I fought the bigger TV for years and ours has grown gradually larger.

Sharon, I hope you can relax and enjoy the weekend! Remember that when the hostess has fun, so does everybody else!

Gina, I'll show my TV ignorance: who are those guys?

Grace

• Gina_W
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This clip was from before their show, when they did a comedy act. Click here for a taste of HBO's Flight of the Conchords

• bri29
    15 years ago

TGIF everyone! My plans for the weekend include sleeping in, baking cookies and taking naps. Notice a pattern? :) We might even watch a movie on our new tv. Annie, I think it's both age related AND genetic for guys to want a big tv. Otherwise, how would I explain why my dh had to have a big tv? :)

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Bri

• lindac
    15 years ago

TGI whatever F.
    Sitting here sipping the Scotch....eating blue cheese and crackers, some have a dab of pepper jelly on the cheese......maybe not Breakfast of Champions but certainly Supper of Super Heroes...
    Not going out to drink and eat with "The gals"...debated but I'm tired.
    Not going to a 12th night party at a friends about 12 miles out in the country.
    Christmas tree still up....lots of stuff on the diningroom table as a "staging area".
    Last week was devoted to planning, re planning...laundry and general "futzing around".
    My dear good friend Ann with whom I took several wonderful trips would say when I was blind from a 10 hour plane trip and trying to sleep while she was arranging stuff in the hotel drawers..."you know I am a Fritzie-Fusser.....go to sleep!" I miss her!
    Spent most of the day making lasagna at church...didn't take as long as I expected, so I didn't take a "Chabby break" and come home for a bit....and she piddled on the rug.
    Tomorrow will be the service....and I'll bet money there won't be 100 come for lunch....but we're ready! And I will close The Chabster in the kitchen....she wont' piddle on a tile floor!!
    Just refilled my glass....."clink!"
    Maybe I'll thaw some of that ucky frozen shrimp and make a salad....
    Happy weekend everyone!
    Linda C

• wizardnm
    15 years ago

LOL Linda, that was good. Many a night we've never gotten around to a real dinner, cheese and crackers and nibbles are good in my book! Hope all goes well tomorrow and that Chabby behaves.....

Today was my first day of 'no more work until spring'. yippee!! Seasonal work is not all bad. I'm looking forward to getting caught up around the house, having time to visit my DM and may even spend so time where it's a little warmer. Seems like we've had more than our share of winter already.

Annie, I'm sure you will enjoy the new TV. Glad Elery is there for all the snow.

Gina, happy ping pong! :))

Sharon, hang in there. Soon all will be quiet and you'll be wishing for this time back.

Grace, you just had to mention weather in the 70's... a distant memory for us northerner's...sigh

Bri. I like the sounds of your weekend, similar to my plans.

Nancy

• bcskye
    15 years ago

TGIF and my 65th birthday. Now I have Medicare. :D DH fixed me breakfast, took me out for dinner, bought me a carrot cake with cream cheese icing, a garnet and diamond pendant and the latest edition of Family Tree Maker software. Snow, sleet and freezing rain suppose to come in tonight and the only day I think they said would be snow free for the next week would be Sunday. Have plenty of wood in so will be cozy warm at the computer playing with the new software while yummy soup simmers on the stove for the next couple of days. Oh yes, my new 96.5 pound puppy hasn't had any accidents in the house either. Couldn't ask for more.

• lpinkmountain
    15 years ago

Nothin' better than being snowed in and cuddlin' with your honey. That's not on my agenda, but I did go grocery shopping TWICE today so I'm well stocked with food. I plan on cooking up a storm during the storm. This is the first time I have had a Saturday to myself in FOUR and a half months! (I was teaching Saturday mornings and then holiday travel ate up the other Saturdays). I was supposed to take one of the PA teacher tests at 7:30 AM tomorrow but it got cancelled due to an impending snowstorm.

So my plan is to make soup, bread, cheese spread, coleslaw, bannana muffins, cookies, and maybe do some canning--either applesauce or cranberry conserve. And I'm toying with experimenting on turnovers again--depends on my mood and how much other stuff interferes. Two jobs to apply for and lots of office work down in the basement. I cleaned up most of the house by boxing up things and taking them down there! And I can't forget laundry!!

TGIF and TG for the snow!!

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Went to the Weber place to see what I was doing wrong with my new grill. Finally got educated now it's 0 to 600 degrees in 5 minutes. It's scary hot! I grilled pork loin ribs with fig sauce, grilled corn on the cob, and ratatouille. Rum pound cake for dessert.

Finished organizing my vanity area; took 4 days. But that was mostly configuring what was most efficient. Does anyone really need 32 eyebrow pencils, 12 lip pencils, and 14 cans of hair spray?

Watched the new Monk episode.

Great weekend everyone.

• girlsingardens
    15 years ago

TGIF,

Everyday gets a little better for me. Hudson comes home today, he has been at my folks and I have missed him so much. Rhiannon is taking his spot. I think allthe kids will be back sometime nextweek when I finaly get the ok to lft things heavier thhan 10 pounds, know it too tought to lift, Ben or move.

Stacie

• compumom
    15 years ago

TGIF everyone! Technically it's Saturday, but oh well!
    It's a been a pressure filled week and I'm looking forward to some R&R this weekend! Dad's home from the hospital, with a caregiver and my mom. He's better, but mostly in a wheelchair. Say a prayer that he gets back to his former strength. It wasn't great, but he was mobile.
    Work is "intense" with stress right now, Tony Shalhoub (MONK) and he wife Brooke Adams are starring in the play Love Letters as a benefit for the school on the 24th. We have a big theater to fill so I'm heading a small corps of volunteers trying to spread the word! Today will include putting up posters for the program around the area.

I think DGS's are coming to spend the night so that DD& DSIL can sneak away for their R&R. I know it will be fun when the little ones are here!

Annie, girlfriend, big screen tv's and guys are just a fact of life! Although I do have to agree with Elery's wisdom about the age /screen size thing! LOL

Cathy, that dinner sounds really good, do you have a recipe for the pork? How many cans of hair spray? It must have been quite a sale LOL!

Sharon, don't worry too much about Meredith, she'll be fine! I'm sure you'll hear from her when the money runs low LOL!

Bcskye, Happy Birthday

Nancy, Grace, Bri & Laurie, enjoy the cooking marathon and stay warm!

Linda, don't work too hard at that luncheon, let the others help you out!

Gina, have fun, it's been too long since we've gotten together here in L.A.

Stacie, enjoy your little one!
    Clink*

• bunnyman
    15 years ago

Hopefully Elery is giving your sore back plenty of massage Annie! I don't feel so bad about looking at those 30 some inch screens for my computer now. Put a second monitor on my computer this week and hope to upgrade to a large screen led this year.... maybe a birthday present from the kitties. Already had a second monitor from an old computer system so it only cost me $70 to put a 1 gig dual monitor video card in my computer. Love it!... news/email on one screen and GW on the other. Really not worth $70 but it is a man toy and michael needs to be a guy sometimes. Digging out some of my old computer games just to watch them run on a high powered system.

Did my vanity over Christmas break. What a wonderful feeling to have my bathroom look neat again. Just like we do at work I cleared everything off. Cleaned almost everything like new... a penny stuck down with hairspray seems to be permanent now. Then I only put back the few things I want instant access to. Then I put a couple of those away. Everything has a spot now so I know where it is at. Put my eyeshadow on the vanity top as I always seem to need 5 minutes to find it in the make-up bag. The cats are delighted as the vanity is now a clear lauch pad for gaining access to the window sill.

Some ham and cabbage to work with. Probably make soup with onions and hot peppers in it. Dolly took an egg shell out of the compost bucket and made a horrible mess on the livingroom carpet. Sneaky and fast as she took it while I was standing there cooking the eggs.

Happy Weekend all!

Clinking with Glenlivet French Oak Reserve!... I found a bottle last month.

: )
    lyra

• mustangs81
    15 years ago

Lyra, Buster likes to play "gravity" and knock thing off the vanity so he's not happy when things are in containers or drawers.

Ellen, I forgot that Tony's wife is Brooke> I would be interested in seeing that play> I know it's got to be a lot of work>

• kathleenca
    15 years ago

mustangs, "Does anyone really need 32 eyebrow pencils, 12 lip pencils, and 14 cans of hair spray?"

We don't?

Kathleen

• Terri_PacNW
    15 years ago

Annie, that is definately a man answer...my husband's been whinning about a flat screen...but he had to buy the behemouth 36" he has in the living room, only a few years ago...he could have got a Flat..but this was a steal..so he couldn't justify the price difference...but suddenly 2 years later, since flat screens have dropped so much in price...he's whinning...WAhhhhhhhaaaaa

He'll get permission to get the flat screen..once I get the 20" flat monitor! LOL and he also includes the cost of wiring to adhere "his" tv to the wall...All I'm thinkin is one less piece of furniture to take up precious floor space..LOL

Gina, ping pong all weekend...Is it a tournament or pleasure?

Lyra, I've been wondering where you and Michael have been...Work busy I'm guessing!

Pink, I like your attitude about the snow..I felt the same until day 3 and we were still trapped..LOL

Nancy and Bri, make sure you stick to the game plans!

Linda, how was your evening home?

Cathy, goodness...that is way more hairspray than even the drill team needs! LOL I don't even have an eyebrow pencil..of course with half sparse eyebrows ..I could benefit from one! LOL

Eileen, hubby and I would pay to see Tony Shaloub! I'll help spread the word!

Becky, a very happy birthday! Sounds like it got off to a very good start!!!

Stacie, glad you are getting your baby back! Hope the transition to having the kidletts all back under your wings goes smoothly and painlessly for you!

Kathleen...Do you really need that many?? LOL

Well yesterday was a quiet day...today I ventured out quickly to the mainland to get my Costco run and co op grocery run done..usually do it on Friday's but thought my plans were going to be different than they ended up being...
    Stopped at Value Village and picked up a pair of black dress slacks and black dress shoes for my 11yr old..He has a band concert at the end of the month and was freaking out that he didn't have the "uniform"...I looked at Walmart for black shoes..and $20-30 for something he'd wear 2-4 times before growing out of them..was just gonna kill me..LOL VV happened to have the pants $2.99 and the shoes 1/2 size to big, but in great shape...$6.99..also picked up a pair of navy cords for my little one for $6.99 he's growing up out of his uniform pants for school. My skinny 8 yr old needs size 12 length! So he has to wear a belt too...LOL He started out in 10's in September..and those are "shrinking" above his ankles..LOL

So now I sit in the kitchen on the lap top...waiting to see what you all say about dinner accomps...
    and trying to decide if I should start some bread dough..or just make up Woodies Creme Brulee casserole for tomorrow..I have some homemade bread from last weekend pulled out of the freezer....

• Gina_W
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Terri! I am hoping to have time for another trip up to Seattle this year - I'll keep you posted this time. Our relatives are scattered shotgun all over the place so it's getting harder to see everyone regularly.

Hey, shoes for 6 bux does it for me!

No tournament this weekend. We're just crazy about table tennis. Even caught the last day of the USATT 2008 Nationals when we were in Vegas for my birthday.

Cathy - LOL, I gave away, threw out a lot of never-used makeup a couple years ago. You know all those gifts-with-purchase and big beauty-baskets one gets for birthdays. Some friends and neighbors were quite happy with my assortment.

• Terri_PacNW
    15 years ago

Just let me know Gina...and I really don't need a ton of "notice"...I live a very flexible life. LOL