SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Moisturizer

User
13 years ago

What moisturizer do you use?

I always had oily skin but it's changed and now I have slightly oily forehead and dry, tight cheeks with the occasional dry patches! Yikes, what happened. I actually used a wee bit of Vaseline on my face the past two nights because my moisturizer is better than nothing but not quite cutting it and I'm sick of the tight feeling.

I've been looking for something with spf and a nightly one. After running across this site (see link) I have second thoughts about even using sunscreen on my face unless it's one of the "good ones". Kind of silly though to be all weird about that and then slap chemicals from my makeup on my face. I know we can't get away from everything.

I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin. I've used Alpha Hydrox souffle and Retinol Resq with no problems. I don't really like perfumes moisturizers though. I was using Alba for a few weeks and the smell was nice but gaggy after a while. Actually my face got all hot and flushed the one night after using it so it's gone.

In a recent thread Mrsmarv mentioned almond oil. So I'm considering something like this, jojoba or argan oil . I'm a little concerned about breaking out from "oil". My skin was flawless for years thanks to birth control but now I get the occasional blemish - that I don't leave alone.

So what works for you? I'll probably just have to give this stuff a try.

Here is a link that might be useful: EWG 2010 sunscreen

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions