SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

Body skin-care question

pammyfay
12 years ago

For about 2 months now, my back and shoulders have felt itchy (there's no rash there). I feel it whether I have on a nylon nightgown or a cotton top or a thin sweater, so I don't think it's a fabric allergy issue.

I've used the Aveeno oatmeal bath packets; not sure they make my skin better, and I hate seeing all the oatmeal going down the drain, worrying if that will create a clog someday.

I've just started applying some St. Ives Oatmeal & Shea Butter body lotion in the evening -- that helps a little, I think.

If you have any itchiness or dryness, what product do you use?

I also have a Neutrogena Anti-Acne body wash that I'll occasionally use in the shower with either a back brush or one of those netting brushes. (Tried a loofah, didn't like the way it felt.)

I use a fragrance-free, dye-free detergent (Liquid All) and no softener in the rinse cycle for clothes (sometimes for sheets/pillowcases).

I used to use Arm & Hammer fragrance/dye-free liquid, so I might pick up another bottle of that (since it's on sale this week!) to see if there's some component of the All that's bothering me, especially with the heat on in my house.

I do have a humidifier attached to my heating system -- still looking for replacement pads, so perhaps that'll help, too.

Suggestions happily welcomed!

Comments (22)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus