SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkplatow

Who knew? Kohls has skin care products! (attn: rosacea sufferers)

lkplatow
13 years ago

This past winter, my rosacea had gotten really bad - no matter what I used on it, I was flushed all the time and had started breaking out into bumpy rashes. I'm allergic to metrogel, many of the other prescription products (finacea, some kind of sulfur cream, and something else) didn't work for me, and the Eucerin Redness Relief products that I was using had started to make my face swell (weird, cause I used them for years without a problem).

I was desperate to find something else, and at a forum for rosacea sufferers, I found a section where they review various products. Something called GoodSkin was near the top of the rankings. I head never heard of it and figured it would be hugely expensive like the $65/jar moisturizer that was also recommended there. But actually, as it turns out, it's sold exclusively at Kohls and wasn't much more than the Eucerin. I figured what the heck, especially when the Kohl's saleslady said I could return it if it didn't agree with my skin. So I bought a trial pack of the GoodSkin All Calm line, which is designed for red, irritated skin.

It worked very well! My skin isn't perfect -- it still flushes, especially in the hot weather these past few days. But it's orders of magnitude better than it was a month ago. There's a cleanser, toner, moisturizer (I use the cream, not the lotion) and tinted sunscreen -- the sunscreen I bought separately - it did not come in the trial pack.

So I just wanted to share my find, especially since I know there's a few other rosacea sufferers here. I have no affiliation with Kohls, and until a month or so ago, I didn't even realize they carried beauty products. But this GoodSkin line is very nice, and they seem to have a few other nice lines that the saleswoman was telling me about. I personally also tried their "bamboo" line for rosacea and that didn't work as well as the GoodSkin -something in it irritated my skin. But true to their promise, Kohls let me return it, which was awesome because it was pretty pricey - more expensive than the GoodSkin line. There's also a line that comes in purple and white containers that's recommended for aging skin -- the jewelry saleswoman came over when she saw me chatting with the beauty saleswoman and raved about the wonders that the purple line (sorry, I don't know the name) did for her skin.

And of course, with the coupons and sales that Kohls runs, the price for the GoodSkin ends up pretty close to what I'd pay for a run of the mill line at CVS.

So anyhow, if you are on the hunt for a new skin care line, I recommend checking out Kohls. They seem to have a nice variety of products and they let you return whatever doesn't work out. Just my PSA for the day, since if you're like me, you may not even know they carry skin care products!

Comments (7)