SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

Child Culinary Abuse

John Liu
12 years ago

My daughter sleepily told me about her bad dream from last night. I am feeling guilty of child culinary abuse. You can hear her story, almost verbatim below, and judge for yourself. I think I need to feed her more chicken.

START

You and mommy were having a dinner party, with rabbits. �I said a lot of the kids don't like rabbit. �You said we could go to the store to get chicken. �We [my friends and I] went to the store. �My friend got a crab thinking it was chicken. I was mad at her, like how can you mistake a crab for a chicken, I just want chicken. �The crab took off its chicken disguise and came to life and started chasing us. �It was really scary. �I finally crushed it with a shovel. �An old fisherman came to the house. �He asked if we had any fish. �I said no but we have a crushed crab, do you have any chicken? �He said no but I have magic beans. �So I told my friend to get the beans. �She did and the fisherman rode off on his bicycle. �But my friend, the same girl who got the crab, got clams instead of magic beans. �I was even madder. �What world do you live in where crabs are chicken and clams are beans. �She ran off. �I threw the clams into the yard. �The fisherman came back and said to be careful not to let the clams touch soil, or they remember all the bad things people have done to clams and get mad. �I was like uh oh I threw them in the yard. �We [my friends and I] ran to the back door. �The clams were jumping up and cracking the glass. �They were sharp, like diamonds. �I said "oh no, is the other door closed". �The clams heard us and ran around to the side door and came in through the cat door and we couldn't close the stairway door because of your aprons and the clams started attacking us. �It was really scary. �There were three clams. �They were small. �But indestructible. �

END

On the other hand, I never make her eat seafood. Maybe I should force her to confront the spiders of the sea after all?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012