SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jannie_gw

Do you think this is child abuse?

jannie
12 years ago

I went over to my sister's house yesterday and observed something strange. I'm still wondering about it. I sat down and sis offered me a drink, coffee or Coke. Since it was a hot day, nearly 90, I took the Coke. Suddenly her grandaughter Kelly, 18 months old, ran in the room screaming. I thgought she was hurt. No, sis poured some Coca Cola into a baby bottle, screwed on a nipple, and gave the baby the Coke. Then she went in a drawer and handed her a piece of beef jerky. The kid quieted down. I told my sister that was horrible, you shouldn't be giving her that stuff. The child seems healthy and normal to me otherwise.She's 18 mmonths, can talk,walk,run and speaks in phrases ad some sentences. Both parents are somewhat retarded, I'm talking Baby Kelly's parents. My sisters son Timmy got his girlfriend Tanya pregnant and Kelly is now 18 months old. The father, Timmy , has not held any job since he graduated high school 4 years ago. The Mom Tanya works at a grocery store, has her own apartment, and my sister (the grandmother) babysits for free whenever Tanya works. I argued with my sister all afternoon, till I was blue in the face. She said, I'm babysitting for free, don't you understand I raised my own kids. I'm too old (55) to be discipling a child . Her parents started giving her this crap (meaning the Coke & jerky). I left still upset but I don't blame my own sister. What do you think of this situation? I wouldn't want to report anyone to Child Protective Services. I know that Tanya gets some kind of food stamps or WIC assistance. What would you do?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor