SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

'Fresh from the vinyards of aisle #6'

lindac
15 years ago

My wine drinking friends are drinking me out of house and home....and they don't seem to be discriminating at all....so after the 2nd night in a row where I put 4 bottles in the recycling bin, I bought soem of that Oak Leaf from Wal-Mart. I bought I think a chablis a pinot grigio, a merlot and a dark red....think they called it a cabernet sauvignon.

I figured they couldn't be so bad that I couldn't use them to marinate a big roast could they?

I first opened the chablis....thin watery...I poured it for a friend after the good stuff was gone....and she never blinked and refilled her glass.

Then I opened the cab to pour over a chuck roast as it was potroasting....took a little and it was very drinkable. Finished that bottle byt he glass....after the good stuff was gone! LOL!

The Merlot is also not bad...pretty good, very drinkable.

I opened the Pinot Grigio to make some risotto and tasted it and it was really OK...but again thin. I refrigerated it for about a week and one of my fussy friends didn't like the red wine I was serving ( can't remember what it was....a $10 bottle or something australian I expect) she asked if I had any white opened and I poured her a glass of the Wal_Mart special....she smacked her lips and finished the bottle.

Anyone else tried it? What did you think?: I think it's about on a par with "Two Buck Chuck".

Linda C

Comments (12)