SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susieque_2007

Construction to Perm Loan

susieque_2007
16 years ago

We are (hopefully) closing soon on a construction to perm loan. I'm hoping that some of you who have been through that can provide some information about the "modification" process. We have just found out that there is a chance (about 50/50)that after the close, but before the construction is complete and modification happens, that our income may be reduced by about 25% due to some possible "job restructuring". If we were starting "fresh" I feel certain we would qualify for the loan we are about to obtain even at the lower income. We would still be comfortable with the payments, etc., and don't want to put anything over on the bank. But...we wont' know for awhile whether this will actually happen, and don't want to delay the project while we wait. I guess my question to those of you who have been through it or know...when you modify, do you have to "requalify", i.e., do they re-verify your income, credit, etc.? Or is it as simple as it is advertised, that you just sign some papers in the mail and send in your modification fee and any money you want to pay down on the permanent loan? Thanks.

Comments (5)