SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tralynn_gw

Got an idea, now I need your help!

tralynn
15 years ago

A couple of weeks ago I asked for your help with a gift idea for my parents for Christmas. My siblings and I were going to give them money for a chest freezer when they got to Florida. Well we had to scrap that idea, because my mom told me that my aunt and uncle who also have a place in the same park in Florida are staying north this winter and they are giving their freezer to my parents. Whew.. go figure?

So back to square one. No gift idea and we are celebrating Christmas on November 22 with my parents. Okay now, they do not have a Christmas tree in Florida (this is their first Christmas there).

I want to get them an artifical tree for their place. It can't be very big maybe 3 to 3 1/2 feet. It will have lights and I am going to make a tree skirt. I would like all my siblings, their children, their grandchildren and I to make or buy ornaments for their tree. I would like it to be " A family Christmas tree", but I do not want to give them the decorations with the tree. There will be four weeks between the time of our get together and Christmas. I think it would be fun for all of us to send them to them, one or two at a time. Maybe they would get a package from my sister with an ornament or two and a day or two later get another package. You get the idea, that way they are adding to the tree for the next four weeks. Now my dilemna is:

I would like to have a poem (or something) to somehow explain the meaning of the tree. I would like it to include something about not being with them on Christmas day but we are still thinking of them. I don't know how to go about this. Does anyone know of any good sites that may help?

Maybe someone here is a lot more creative than me. Sure would like your input. Thanks

Comments (3)