SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tyblossom

I need your help with an idea I have for a Commercial Greenhouse

tyblossom
15 years ago

My husband and I have some land that is zoned agricultural. We tried to rezone it commercial, but were not able to. We need a way to be able to afford it and found that one of the only things permitted on our type of land is a commercial greenhouse. Well...neither my husband or I are very good at gardening. So we have an idea for a business that would also generate interest in agriculture in our area as well as help people who love to garden, but have no way to sell their goods. We want to start a small Greenhouse village. We would have a well put in on the land, a gravel parking area is already in and we'd like to put up the Harbor Freight greenhouses. We would not have electric at this point though. We would like to rent out the greenhouses to people at $10 a day to sell their veggies, and plants etc. I am worried we wouldn't have electric for heat or for fans in the summer. I'd hope if someone wanted to start earlier or late in the season...that they would have some type of solar device for heating or cooling. I'd like anyone's opinions and advice and please be nice to me as I'm a newbie. Thanks in advance for anyone who responds :-)

Stephanie

Comments (16)