SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
san__gw

looking for north american made items--

san_
15 years ago

i hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and best wishes in the new year, of course!

i've recently been reading labels and am really dismayed at what i'm seeing and i'd like to target things if at all possible. in november, i bought 3 different brands of baking dishes--1 a big name and 2 that weren't. took off the labels to wash them and all were made in china. christmas morning, as i was opening packages and taking things out of my stocking, i started to look and the news was even worse. of all the things i received, from clothing to utensils, there were only THREE that were made in the usa! as i opened things i couldn't help but think wouldn't i have happily paid $2 more for this or $10 more for that, if it had been made somewhere in north america? but of course! i tend to shop on-line much more than in person but i'd really like to start targeting my shopping. if you have a brand of goods that you like or know of a company that fits, i'd love to hear about it. i'm sorry i have so little to contribute but here is what i can tell you right now--i got a new "ribbon grater" for chocolate and soft cheese and ginger, and a wire brush and a microfiber brush for cleaning the inside of vases and glasses.

the first thing listed you'll probably recognize as being a "microplane" item and made in russelville, AR and the latter is from "brushtech" and simply says made in the usa. i'm hoping your list is MUCH longer than mine--so what do you have to contribute?

Comments (31)