SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rednellie

That Annoying Sneeze/Cough 'leak'....etc.

redbazel
13 years ago

Hopefully, those who clicked on this will know what I'm talking about, because I just refuse to be any more specific! But I just wanted to mention something and ask here if anyone else has a comment or experience.

I've read right here in this forum, a couple or more years back, where some were facing the annoying/embarrassing situation of leakage when sneezing or coughing or laughing or sometimes, just for no reason at all. I know that there are medications and surgeries and all manner of other possible treatments/answers to this concern, but I have something else to pose as a question...

Have you heard or read of pomegranite juice as a potential solution?

I tried net research and found nothing. But here's the reason for the question. Like many women, my "friend" buys panti-liners and wears them daily. And daily, for years, she needed them, (Every day) to provide a safety net for sneezing, coughing, laughing, or whatever the trigger was for some leakage. Now, for the last few weeks/months she's been noting that (after 8-10 yrs of daily leaks) there is NO leakage at all. So she examined her habits and lifestyle.

No change. No extra excercise, no change in caffeine intake, (a LOT!) maybe a little More stress than usual, no dietary changes.....except...

for the last 6-8 months, she's been drinking pomegranite juice. She has maybe 4oz. of Trader Joes or Pom-Wonderful several times per week. It started out as a replacement for a glass of wine most nights, but now that she's addicted, she has it sometimes at breakfast, sometimes at night, probably not more than 16-20 ounces a week. And she still drinks wine now and again, just not more than maybe once per week. So.....Why? Could it be the pom juice?

Just a note: She also takes one flax-seed oil capsule every day for dry, itchy skin, (and if she forgets that for a week, the itchiness is BACK!) but that's the only regular vitamin or medication she takes. And that's a 4 or 5 yr old habit.

Red

Comments (12)