SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1401217

Tried Risotto for the 1st time - Almost wish I hadn't ,LOL

User
15 years ago

I knew I would love risotto. I've never ordered it in a restaurant or made it at home because I thought it would be a hard thing to resist once I'd had it, and you can have only a teensy-weensy serving if you're keeping track of calories.

Since my efforts to get fully on-track with my post holiday diet plan were thwarted this week, I thought I would try a recipe I'd been eyeing from one of my Barefoot Contessa cookbooks - "Butternut Squash Risotto." It was absolutely delicious.

Are there any foods/recipes that are pretty common that any of you have just recently tried?

I have 2 others to add - Duck and Lamb. I don't care all that much for most meat (love chicken/turkey/most fish & shellfish) but we were invited to a cooking demonstration followed by a meal at the highly acclaimed "Arrows" restaurant this fall.

The first thing I said to DH was that I was sure duck or lamb would be served because they're such "foodie" foods. We both chuckled when we arrived to see that they were both featured courses. They were deliciously prepared (those chefs could cook anything and make it great, I'll bet) but I wasn't crazy enough about either to forego other favorite foods to order them if I was eating out.

Comments (11)