SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elka_b

Why I won't buy a Bosch appliance again

elka_b
16 years ago

My Bosch dual fuel slide-in range has had an intermittent problem with the convection bake function since I began using that function in August (the range was delivered in April). The latest service call on this issue was the fourth and the technician spent over 5 hours replacing various electronic boards which resulted in a total failure of the oven. He then put the old electronics back in so I would have at least a partially operational oven.

The technician must have done something odd because now the front gas burners won't ignite electronically anymore. I now use a match to light those.

My basic problem is this: the one year parts & labor warranty may well run out before the problem is fixed. And the warranty is apparently not extended if a problem can't be fixed within the first year. Replacement of the appliance is up to the discretion of "management".

I have spent several hours on hold to speak to Bosch customer reps and my repeated requests to speak to a supervisor for clarification have been unsuccessful. One of the reps told me he would email a supervisor to phone me. That was a week ago and noone has called. When a rep attempted (apparently) to put me through to a supervisor today, my call was disconnected.

Can you tell that I am frustrated?

Comments (13)