SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anniedeighnaugh

Inheritable Insanity?

Annie Deighnaugh
11 years ago

My mother had to wear both regular glasses and reading glasses. And she was forever looking for at least one of them. Despite having multiple pairs, her glasses would always go missing. She said she spent half her life looking for her glasses, and I believed her.

I am nearsighted so need my glasses to see far, but read without them. So I too am taking them off frequently, usually near where I'm doing close work, like the sofa to read or the kitchen to cook.

Thurs, DH was going to the gym and I went out to get the newspapers and looked up and noticed the pretty sunrise...which I could not have seen without my glasses on. He left and I made breakfast, cleaned up, took care of the cat, took a shower and got dressed as my GFs were coming in the a.m. for a visit. After I put my make up on...I went to put on my glasses. Gone. I mentioned it to DH when he came home and we have since not been able to find them anywhere.

I didn't leave the house....I had them in the morning and within 90 min with no one else around, they vanished. We have looked in all the likely and the unlikely places at this point (through the hamper in case they got wound up in a shirt, etc.) No glasses.

Either my dear dead mother is playing a trick on me or I've inherited her curse of the missing glasses. Perhaps I need to do what she always said worked for her...prayed to St. Anthony!

If anyone sees my glasses, please let me know!

Comments (60)