SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

any Kindle experts out there?

3katz4me
12 years ago

I've been pondering an e-reader for a while. I ended up with no books one time right as I was about to leave town a while back and decided it was time to get one of these devices. I did get a couple books that I'm still reading to hold me over until I figured out what I want. We have an iPad that mostly DH uses. I don't like the glare on the screen or the fact it's not good for reading in the sun and B&N's future seems uncertain so I've also ruled out Nooks. I've settled on a Kindle - either the basic one or the Touch. I tried the low end one in the store and I kind of liked the buttons vs. smearing your finger across the screen. I need to try a Touch though.

Anyway, here's my question. Currently when we get regular books DH and I often both read them. So can we buy an e-book and both read it - me on my Kindle and he on his iPad with Kindle app? I read somewhere that you can share books but only for a very limited amount of time. I'd want us to each be able to have whatever e-books we want for however long we want but I don't want to buy twice so he can have it on iPad and I can have it on Kindle. As it is the e-books are getting to be more expensive than a paper back on sale. I don't like that but I like the convenience so willing to pay more if necessary - but not pay twice.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!