SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

getting closer - critique round 4 please!

laurensmom21
11 years ago

Here's the latest round :) Don't have much time to write tonight but wanted to get these posted quick to get your thoughts. This is my first time seeing the back elev. - what do you think? I'm thinking there's not many windows in the upstairs back - does it look weird? SHould I try to do clerestory windows or something in the great room (although dh is already concerned on costs..so maybe no).

Sq footage is 3588 and we wanted it more around 3000 but not much we can really do now, I think... I don't think there's much wasted space anywhere. The girls j&j bath is slightly quirky because I asked him to try to fit a window in there somehow. Is there a better layout with a window that you can think of?

Guest bath closets will probably go back to 2 closets like previously. dh isn't a big fan of the walk thru :)

My architect is really trying to convince me to keep the sizes on the front room windows (office & craft rm) but I think they're too tall - he has them at 6'2 with a 12" transom. I love the look, but functionally I don't think they'll work. In the office/den I'm putting a couch in front of that window and in the craft room I really want a counter under the bank of windows so I can sit there and sew/paint/blog whatever.... Also privacy is an issue so we'll probably have to have some type of coverings anyway. what do you guys think? will it kill the look if I shrink the height of those windows a bit?

thanks so much everyone! your feedback is much appreciated!

{{gwi:1509565}}

{{gwi:1509567}}

{{gwi:1509568}}

Comments (12)