SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cotehele_gw

Is this plan getting any closer to perfect :-P

cotehele
16 years ago

Seriously, no plan is perfect, the :-P was at ME! I probably shouldn't post this and leave, but I have to make a quick trip to the 'big' city before the weather gets bad.

We've made some additional budget decisions that are reflected in this plan. The project is in two phases, kitchen first, garage second. (DH is being nice. ''I've lived this long without a garage, a little longer is OK.'' I start his car and scrape the windows every morning - guilt - my convertible is in the garage, and he is the one who goes to work.) The kitchen will stay within the back two rooms: no new bathroom, DR/BR switching, don't touch the basement stairs. And, I am going to try to reuse some of the current Napanee cabinets with new hardware and doors, particularly for the island. If it doesn't work, I've only lost a little time. :(

The stacked ovens aren't tagged, they are across from the fridge. I tried flipping the ovens and fridge because I think it would look better, but it took too much room in the pantry and from the beverage center right behind it. The beverage center will use the prep sink. The bev. center cabs go to the countertop to balance the dish hutch, and will store the elect. kettle, toaster, and blender. I didn't want to use a paneled DW, but the symmetry is better. Most of the windows are very close to their current locations.

I also have a good idea of the look/style of the room. There will be a mix of painted and stained finishes. The actual woods, colors and counter materials is TBD.

Critiques?

Comments (24)