SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meris596

Any suggestions? Getting closer now to final...

Meris
8 years ago

Hello!

I'm baaaaack! :-) it has been crazy busy, and my husband and I took a pause in the planning of our remodel and addition on our 1960's era ranch in New England. We had a budget surprise, got an energy audit, got out builder to crunch some more numbers, and had a meeting of the minds as to what we thought was important for our home. I've been posting this process all along, and the people here have been amazing, thank you so much.

I presented our architect with the following floorplan, and he said if that's what we wanted, the builder (very experienced and does do design work) could work with us from this point to make sure everything has room (like around the kitchen table, the 1/2 bath is prob not big enough, I'm not sure.) or they could redesign around my concept. We are thousands in on the architect, but I'm not sure what they would do that would make this better, and I don't want to throw extra money that way, if I don't have to.

Any ideas, tips, suggestions?

Backgrounds: existing home is 1500 sq feet. Addition approx 640. Family of 5. One child in high school, one middle, one elementary. The stairs go down to the walk out basement. Planning on not finishing but setting up as kids hang out zone. Basement will be insulted so will be comfortable.

Outside spaces not on here, but we will have a deck. The angle is for the view and for more private backyard. Husband loves that, so it's staying.

Thanks so much for all the past help, and and just for being a place to go with these dilemmas. :-)

Cheers!

Comments (3)