SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luclin999

Finalizing remodel plans - Any suggestions?

luclin999
15 years ago

It looks like we will be signing the contract for the remodel next week. These are the plans we will be going with.

I have been working on the plans for the remodel for the past couple of months and have been constantly changing them each week (as we kept finding things we liked better) but this plan has stayed relatively consistent for the past two weeks (an indication that we seem to have finally found something we are happy with).

Basically the remodel so far will consist of:

-Tearing out the soffit drop ceiling and fluorescent ballast and raising the ceiling height up to match the ceilings in the rest of the house.

-Removing the existing peninsula. (which seriously restricts the flow in and out of the kitchen)

-Adding a 26"x50" island.

-Extending the counters/cabinets into the eat-in area.

-Replacing the cooktop/wall oven combo with a slide-in gas range (GE, Jenn-Air or Whirlpool are the candidates so far)

-Increasing the size for the pantry from 24"x84" to 30"x96" and adding full extension drawer slides to the lower three shelves.

-Adding drawer cabinets for pots & pans and for dishware storage.

-Replacing the traditional door into the formal dining room with a pocket door. (to reduce crowding in front of the pantry)

-Countertops will be Labrador Black Gold granite.

-Flooring will be Daltile Portenza Terra de Siena.

- Backsplash will be Daltile Portenza Terra de Siena tumbled mesh. (2.5"x2.5" squares).

For comparison, here is the kitchen as it is now:

And here is what is being converted to:

Here is a picture of the sample cabinet from the display in the design center:

Please! Speak up if you see any major problems or potential improvements which we should consider before we finalize the plans and sign the contract.

I would hate to be into the middle of the remodel and to discover that there was something "That we just had to have" which I forgot to take into account in the design.

Thank you.

Comments (25)