SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ljg0419

Layout help, please - getting closer!

Laura
12 years ago

We are inching our way along - hired a designer and made some progress in terms of the layout. But, still struggling with the island/peninsula vs. island decision.

For those that saw my previous post, I took to heart your suggestions as well as our designer's recommendation, and we decided to lose 12" of width from our adjoining room's closet so that we could put our double ovens next to our fridge. This frees up our range wall to be a focal area (and provides much better work space).

Here are three layouts from the designer - not a lot of detail (that will get added once we nail down the basic layout), but you'll see the general direction.

Large island

Medium island

Small island and peninsula

So, which do you prefer?? I am leaning toward the Large island version, but still have some concerns about the island being a barrier between the main sink and fridge. However, since it's a relatively narrow island, we could place items on there and walk to the sink and grab them from that side. Plus, we'd likely include a prep sink on the island anyway.

Looking forward to your thoughts - thanks so much!

~ MadsMama

Here is a link that might be useful: My previous post

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022