SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20188432

Pretty please help me get started on my laundry room layout :) :)

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

I'm baaaack!!! Thank you so much for helping me with my powder room, so on to the next dilemma.

Any ideas or opinions are welcome (and begged for!). Figuring out where the sink and w/d go are the biggest decisions because it turns out plumbing is one of the first items the builder needs!

The room is 15’ 4 “ long and 8’ 6” wide (from wall to wall)

I’m sitting here with tracing paper and am already blocked!!!!! :)

Hopefully my goals aren't too lofty:

Passage way

I’m hoping to have a passage way from the closet to get into the laundry room. I love the idea of coming in dirty and just taking my clothes off in the closet and walking them into the laundry room to hang dry or toss in the washer.

At the very minimum I want a ‘pass' through so I don’t have to carry baskets or so I can toss in a wet bathing suit.

I currently sort my clothes into different baskets as I take things off, so if I only have a pass through and not a walk through, maybe I would stack my baskets on shelves in a cabinet and have that cabinet accessible from the laundry side too.

*I want a raised w/d

*I’d like one deep counter for folding in which an entire shirt will mostly fit.

*I rarely rarely sew, but I’d like a spot to sit and sew on a button or work on a stain etc.

*I will want a space for a nice sized pull down ironing board

*A big area for a drying racks (hanging and laying flat). I will consider getting a drying cabinet like this one, but it's completely not necessary http://staberdryingcabinets.com

*I’d like to have space for a steam cabinet if they should perfect those. The reviews aren’t great.

*I was hoping to have a rotary iron for linens, but I don’t know if it will fit.

*If I don’t put in a rotary iron, I want a line to hang linens so I can use a garment steamer on them.

*There is another area for housekeeping items, so I don’t need to store vacuums etc. If there is room, storing overflow items would be nice (extra tp, suitcases up high perhaps, linens/towels)

The venting for the w/d will go through the roof, so the w/d can be placed anywhere in the room. I hear it’s more efficient for the sink and laundry room to be close for plumbing purposes.

Comment

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21