SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto3kiddos

Laundry layout help please - Dutty got me thinking :)

momto3kiddos
12 years ago

I am trying to figure out the right layout for my laundry room. It is 11'1" x 11'5". Below is my idea. The entrace can be from either wall backing to the hall, but I do need a coat closet along the wall where it is drawn. Here are a few requirements...

Lots of counter space for folding with laundry baskets below counter for kids to put away own clean laundry. Small sink since I have a large sink in garage area - I will not be using laundry sink for big, dirty jobs... probably just spot cleaning as I can't remember the last time I actually hand washed something. I am thinking of a drawer ironing board on the cabinet wall, and even if I decide against it, I would like room for my ironing board. I tend to iron in batches, so the hanging clothes would be a high rod with laundry sorting bins in lower half. I am not sure if I want the linen closet to be accessed from hall as well. I have another small closet near by to keep linens in, but extra sheets, blankets and beach towels take up a tremendous amount of space!

Also, I sew occasionally, but usually it is a large project and I don't forsee having room in here for that - curtains, duvet covers, and the like. I may set up an area over the cabinets for a wrapping station, but still thinking on this. Please give me other ideas/suggestions.

Sorry for the smart draw watermark - I am trying it out. I didn't realize until after I tried it and liked it that it is almost $200!!! My cheif architect will have to get me by. :)

Thanks!

Comments (6)