SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_schmertzlersiegel

My Stained Glass project...

I had a couple of my grandma's recipes framed in my kitchen, in an old wood frame that didn't do much to display the recipes. My friend is an artist who works with glass among other things and saw the recipes and the sentiment of it all and thought it should be displayed in a nicer manner. So she showed me how to work with glass and this is my work in progress. I did it all mostly myself!

It's still not finished, it'll be a little more detailed with decorative wires soldered around the stones at the top but I was too excited at how far I got with it and I wanted to show my friends from my book club meeting last night. You can see how yellowed the paper is, I had pulled it out of an old marble notebook my grandma had. The handwriting is my grandpa's because his was more legible than my nana's so everything she needed written, he wrote. They were a funny pair. They made a great team, she passed away two months after he did. Total opposites in every way but they had a nice love story! Anyway, so I am pleased as punch how this came out and the pictures don't do it much justice, I am lousy with this camera but you get the idea!

{{gwi:1468150}}

Here is a link that might be useful: more work in progress...

Comments (24)