SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

getting slooower.. would more memory or is it just too much a 'c

ilmbg
12 years ago

My HP Mini 1100, win7 starter, is now about 2 years old. As you know I just 'play around'- no movies, audios, just email surf- that type of thing. About 3 months ago it really slowed down. I backed it up to about a month earlier, but it didn't help. I use Time Warner wireless, usually have 1-2 'bars'.

The updates are downloaded auto, as I wouldn't know which ones to not allow or allow. (the update page is loooong...).

I use AVG, Malware, have Windows Firewall.

Hmmm what else do you need??

It has been taking longer and longer to turn on the computer and get where I can actually type in something to search. Most of the time a page will show up, but I can't use the scroll on the side for another minute or so- it doesn't 'turn blue' for awhile.

I have LOTS of room when I did the test- I would have to figure out how to do it again, but the percentage of usable space was almost all there.

Tonite I did the ping/speed test- twice. ping was 35ms. Download was 1.58/1.47, and upload was 1.08/1.9

Many, many times I get a 'cannot find page', 'webpage not responding', many times can't download something- I want to check what could speed up my computer, but when I try to download the test it will only be 2% downloaded after 15 minutes. I figure it isn't going to download, so I cancel it.

I have never had any problems when I do the AVG or Malware checks- always says no virus found.

What can I do to move along a little faster?

Thanks

My phone is faster- and it is only 2 Mb (the slower one?)

Comments (7)