SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunflowermom54944

Need more help on the memory ornaments fast!

SunflowerMom
17 years ago

I have started my practice memory ornaments project. This is suppose to be a birthday present for my husband on Thanksgiving Day. And boy do I need help!:)

What I have done so far:

I cut out the size for the ornament on transparency film.

I printed on the lightest weight photo paper that I had two small graphic and cut them out. They are both about 1-1/2" x 1-1/2".

I glued them onto the center of the film.

The problem is that the edges won't stay stuck to the film when I roll it around the pencil to insert. I have tried two different types of glue - the one lets go on the edges when I insert. The only other kind of glue that I have is Elmers All Purpose and it is way too runny and it does not dry clear no matter what the bottle says! So, if when dry, it actually does stay stuck, the film around the picture is cloudy from excess glue.

Any suggestions? Would a glue gun work? Or what kind of glue is quick to set and works for paper on plastic? Do I need a glue that is softer when dry (not sure what adjective I am looking for)? I was wondering if contact paper would work or would it cloud the picture or make it too thick to get into the bulb?

The one that I did try and actually put into the bulb looks really cool with the graphic "suspended" in there, but the edges did not stay tight to the film and are slightly curling forward.

I hope that someone can offer some suggestions. I will check this post tomorrow before I am done at work, so I know what to go and buy after work to finish these tomorrow night.

Thank you so much and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH