SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

WANTED: Katie, I'm (nearly) speechless!

alison
17 years ago

And not just because I've been talking since yesterday morning!

What a lovely, generous package! And what a nice representation of the Inland Northwst! (I love regional packages.)

Election Day got in the way of picking up my package from Katie. (And absentee ballots, and provisional ballots, and siputed results....) But I finally picked it up and got to open it this evening. As you see, a lovely array of autumnal colored packages, plus travel prochures for Northern Idaho/Southern British Columbus and "The Selkirk Loop". (which look absolutely beautiful, by the way.)

{{gwi:1467505}}

Katie managed to work local and handmade into all the categories, starting with the cookbook: collected from a bunch of cookbooks, some going back to the 40's, and sold by her local Friends of the Libary.

{{gwi:1467506}}
Just leafing thru there are some really intriguing recipes here; onion shortcake, psychedelic salad, Papa (Hemmingway's) favorite trout -- and spud candy! (Last school year my 10-year-old niece had to prepare and deliver a report on Idaho. Natural showman that she is, she ordered a big box of commercially prepared spud candy -- and passed it out at the end of the report. Now we can make our own!)

Also local and home-made -- and awesome! -- are the preserves.

{{gwi:1467507}}

Comments (30)