SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kharamarie_gw

Please help me choose my range!!! I'm so confused...

kharamarie
13 years ago

Hi all! Well, I'm facing a major time crunch with getting my appliances selected and ordered, and I've never felt so confused in all my life. I want a professional style gas range (30") that will give me the best of "everything" - high power, precise control, even heat disbursement of burners, excellent low heat/simmering capabilities, even oven temperature, ease of cleaning and reliable!!!

I know that there is a wealth of information about these issues on both the kitchen and appliance forums, and I've read and read until my head swirls!!! I am still completely confused about the advantages and disadvantages of both open and sealed burners, which brands have the best burner construction/design, and whether or not I should go with an all gas unit or dual fuel.

I have looked at both Viking and Wolf at my local appliance store, but am open to other options. I just need some good ol' real life feedback from you guys who have been through this process, made your selections and use your appliances on a regular basis!!! That feedback is worth so much more than the salesmans' spiel!!! Please help me!!!

Why did you choose the range you did?

What do you like/dislike about it?

What has been your experience?

Open or sealed burners, and why?

All gas or dual fual, and why?

Any and all help, feedback and advice will be so greatly appreciated!!!

Comments (5)