SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwako_of_abi

PBDriver_uk.exe and Choice Guard - Please help!

biwako_of_abi
14 years ago

A box with "PBDriver_uk.exe" has started popping up at startup, along with the message: "The application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000005). Click OK to terminate." Equally irritating is the fact that one click on OK is not enough to make it go away.

This began appearing around the same time as the Search Enhancement Pack>Choice Guard, which is always lurking underneath the PBDriver_uk.exe box, and I am finding both of them infuriating. I hate that MS and maybe someone else is making changes to my computer that I am not aware of having OKed.

I have found a few threads here and there about the Choice Guard problem and two strings of letters/numbers to enter in "Start>Run," but neither one works. I always get the message "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." But if I have not installed them, then why am I being shown this popup to begin with? GRRRR

I am thinking of installing whatever it is and then trying one of the above solutions, but I can't figure out what it is I have to install and where I can find it. Can anyone please help? I find Windows Live, Messenger, and all that stuff really confusing and don't want it.

I figure that when Hotmail forced me to change some things lately, I must have refused to install something, but here it is still plaguing me indirectly. Can it be because I finally found a way to force Hotmail to show me my Inbox at the start and not make me go through the sign-in page every time? I used to have it that way, and then they changed it, and I just got around it a few weeks ago. Or--the horror!-- will the price of having my Inbox as the page that comes up first when I click on Hotmail be having to put up with Choice Guard forever?

Comments (9)