SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

WANTED: Monday arrival for somebody west of me!

alison
16 years ago

Tough morning getting this in the mail.

I had it almost all packed and ready to take to the post office, when the cat spilled water on half the paperwork.

So I had to drive cross town to replace the paper part.

Had the rest of the box and a roll of tape in the car, so I could go right from the store to the post office. Sealed the package in the parking lot, and strolled into the post office feeling smug that I could use the D-I-Y scale and postage meter.

A postal employee stopped me and said I couldn't send the Dixie Beer cardboard box without covering up every single mention of beer -- but he'd be happy to sell me a box.

Grrr. Back out to the packing lot, where I do have another plain box in the car. Open the original, transfer all the items and 9 yards of bubble wrap. The wind catches the bubble wrap and I have to chase it down. Mailing tape in my hair. Repack, reseal, re-lable, and head back into the post office.

Package is too big for the D-I-Y slot. So I join a line of 12 people, half of whom seem to be getting passports, while the woman directly ahead of me is hand picking her favorites for -- no kidding -- $3,000 worth of stamps. Which required 3 desk workers and a supervisor.

Sigh.

I always feel so good when the package is in the mail on time!

Comment (1)