SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I Wanted That #6

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

New Wanted Swap! You will look at members who sign up for this swap list, then choose items from their list to send them. Please make sure it is on someones want list, ALTHOUGH extras can be sent in and be given at random. The plan is to have seeds sent in from your want list, I can not predict how many will come for you. So if you send in 150 then you may only get 60 sent in for you. IF there are enough extras sent in I will make it up, if not I may not be able to cover you. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS, my stash IS limited at the moment. Remember, this is based on the packets sent in to you, although I would like for it to be fair I have no control over who sends to whom, OR how many extras may be sent in.

1. There will be no limit on the amount of seeds you send in. However, they must be marked with the person they are for, either by a number they will be matched too OR their GW name, extras that maybe included could be placed in a zip baggie with EXTRAS listed on it. This will be used to fill in any gaps there maybe in make-up returns. IF you do not want the number you send in returned to you then PLEASE let me know in your package.

2. You will get the seeds sent in to you UNLESS there are 5 packs of the same thing THEN they will go in a duplicate bowl and distributed among everyone.

3. You will have until Jan. 31 to sign up and the envies must be sent to me by Feb. 20 this will give everyone time to update their list.

4. YOU MUST HAVE A WANT LIST!!!! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE ON YOUR HAVE LIST BUT THE WANT LIST IS A MUST! Otherwise no one will know WHAT to send you! IF YOU PLAN TO SIGN UP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE YOUR WANT LISTÂyou will have time to update BEFORE sending but PLEASE at least have something for us to look at.

5. This will be for packets received only, I will Âtry to match your returns with the number you send in, HOWEVER, I have no control over the number actually sent so you may only have a few packets sent to you, which will be available for return. UNDERSTAND THIS IS A ÂGIFT TO OTHERS SWAP.

6. Please send in a bubble envy with enough postage to send back to you. If it cost you 4 stamps to send to me then please include at least 4 stamps back. MY POST OFFICE IS ONE THAT TENDS TO OVERCHARGE HOWEVER (irks me too!) But I will handle that I guess.

7. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SEND IN TO ME BY FEB. 20th I plan to have these back to you by March 7 before then IF everyone sends in on time. BUT I would really like to have them back to you no later then the first week of MARCH. MAKE SURE YOU UPDATE YOUR LIST AFTER YOU RECIEVE FROM ANY OTHER SWAPS YOU ARE IN UNLESS YOU WANT DUPLICATES OF WHAT YOU ALREADY RECEIVED.

8. HAVE FUN!!! If you have a specific question you may ask it here.

9. Limited or HARD to come by seeds may be a lower number, but if you have plenty of something please include a good amount just in case some have trouble starting seeds. Large seeds of course 15 to 25 would be ok, like bean seeds. OK?!

Also this will give you some time to get some things Winter Sown and maybe you can share some of what you might have left over and it will allow you to receive some more last minute wants in time to STILL winter sow them!!!

OK, marking seeds for the person they are intended for, you can either tape them to an index card and list the seeds such as:

1. Dianthus "Siberian Blues"

2. Aquilegia/Columbine ÂRuby PortÂ

OR you can type them to a sheet of paper with your list

OR you can simple place them in a baggie with a list and name of whom they are for.

OK, I think I have covered a lot, I hope! Please sign up! Thanks, I look forward to hosting for you!

---------------------------------------Original Post ABOVE---------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Added Swap info BELOW---------------------------------------------

NOTE: When your mail you bubble mailer to me, you also need to include an address label for returning to you and a list of what you sent in so I can make sure NOT to resend your seeds back to you if there are any extras to send back to anyone.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WILL BE UPDATING AFTER RECEIVING SWAP PACKAGES PLEASE POST ON THE THREAD WHEN YOU HAVE UPDATED SO THAT WE WILL KNOW TO GO LOOK AT YOUR TRADE PAGES AGAIN BEFORE MAILING OUT...THANK YOU

REMEMBER GET YOUR TRADE PAGES STARTED IF THEY ARE BLANK, and those of us who are in the other swaps we will be updating a little later so let's try to wait and send in until we can check those members list.

Those of us who are in other swaps will POST TRADE PAGE UPDATED when we change our info!

NOTE: No one needs to start sending out until around the 7 or 8 of Feb, that way this will give them time to look at those of us list that have been updated from the other swaps.

SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR LIST ARE UPDATED AS SOON AS YOU CAN GET THEM DONE BEFORE MAIL OUTS STARTS!!!! IF you don't mind getting doubles of something you already received then PLEASE leave it listed as a want!

I will do my best to make sure you get as many back as you send in. ALSO if you want all flowers or all veggies or a mix then make sure I know this too so I can send you back what you are really wanting.

I would have my trade page updated by no later then Feb 10. This still gives everyone time to check your list and mail to me. I would like to be able to mail your envies back to you by the last week of Feb. IF some of you will be a little late sending to me this is ok, BUT I would really like to get them back to you by the 1 first week of March.

I want to add that anyone can add to their list as much as they like. It was suggested in the other swap group (as suggested by agirlsgirl, Thank you dear great idea btw) to post the date you newly updated like if you added Carrots: Purple Dragon and Carrots: Thumbelina and Artichoke: Globe you would post your update like this:

01/13/09

Artichoke: Globe

Carrots: Purple Dragon

Carrots: Thumbelina

This makes it easier on those who have already checked your list to find your updated information.

Ok, about marking packs for someone else. I suggested using an index card and writing down the seeds with the persons # number and name on the top BUT this is not mandatory, you can put them in a baggie is you wish like those sandwich baggies that either fold over or zip lock. IF you use the fold over baggies make sure you secure them so that the seeds don't fall out and then you can tape a piece of paper to the baggie with the person name and #number example: #1 NCGardengirl this will let me know who it is for.

Be SURE when you send your seeds in you let me know your GW name and your number assigned to you because I will be going by the number list we have going. It just makes it easier to look at the number then try to hunt a name. Which is the reason I also am asking you to use the number# assigned to each person.

Again, if you have questions PLEASE ask them.

It was suggested to me that we should hold one of these swap more than once a year. Would there be any interest in may having another one? Possibly every four months? Schedule would have to be worked out later. If you think you might be interested in something like this please EMAIL me about it.

Ok, in this swap Everyone WILL get what is sent in for them UNLESS:

1. They remove it from their list AFTER it was mailed in.

2. Say I have Mexican Flame Vine on my list 5 ppl send me 10 seeds each of this plant... I DON'T need that many and 3 other ppl asked for it and no one sent any in for them I will allot at least 1 pack each to the others and MAYBE keep 2 for myself. IF however someone should receive 5 packs of the same thing I will dole out 2 packs to them and put the rest in a extras bowl to give to whoever MIGHT like them.

OR I will be posting games and use those extras as prizes IF ya'll would like to play games in this thread.

3. If they specifically tell me NO doubles.

REMEMBER you CAN send in extras if you wish, MEANING NOT DEESIGNATED SPECIFICALLY FOR SOMEONE. THOSE will be put in a bowl and given a random like I will come on here and say we have 3 packs of Candy Striped Zinnia the first 3 to GRAB them will get them in there envies. And so the first 3 to request them will find those extras in there envies :).

OK? Any other questions? Just ask!

OK, I had another question asked via email:

Fran, I saw the recent postings about what happens with seeds that are sent in to you.

You said that we would get the seeds that are sent in for us unless it is removed from your wish list after it has been sent in. I was wondering about all the postings where people had a surplus of seeds and asked if anybody wanted any of those. People were just replying saying "yes, I've some some of this and that". In a few cases, private emails have been passed along to see if someone might be interested in seeds that are close to something on their wish list.

Are people supposed to be adding these items to their wish list as they respond to postings or emails saying they'd like those seeds set aside for them? If so, I'd better do that myself, but I don't think people will have been doing that yet (ie my posting for various seeds...I haven't seen anyone update their wish list when they said they'd like those seeds...not sure they're aware they should be doing that).

Make sense?

Let me know your thoughts.

ANSWER TO THIS IS: When you make a post to offer seeds and someone request them YOU as the poster are now resposible for making sure those seeds are marked for that person since this is a special request OR offer then YOU must also put on that pack as per requested offer.

OR something to that effect to let me know these seeds are a special request and MUST go to the intended person.

If you made it through a private email same thing let me know some how these seeds must go to this intended person.

Anyone that has a way to make this easier please feel free to post your method what works for me may not work for someone else but yours might!

Question I have been asked twice now: Is it ok to use or send in Commercial packs? Yes, commercial packs are fine. A lot of mine are commercial packs and I have split them up to share with others, as a matter of fact I have ordered some specific seeds because they were on want list.

My garden was new in 2008 so no seeds really to gather.

I personally don't know anyone who would say NO commercial packs allowed for me, UNLESS they are totally organic and are not sure where the seeds came from. Other then that I would say commercial seeds are fine.

If you are concerned with updating your page in time after you get your swap packages back I have a quick solution: BEFORE you open you package go to your want/have page change window: As you are pulling out your new seeds to see what you have make the changes then, IF you plan on moving them to your haves (which I personally wouldn't I would open note pad or other program and transfer them there, WHY? because might not have enough to share BUT still want a record of new seeds) or you might just want note out beside some or all that you received these seeds AND if doubles of this one are wanted go ahead and note that then too.

YES I KNOW HOW EXCITED YOU WILL BE AND THIS MIGHT SEEM LIKE AND IMPOSSIBLE TASK BECAUSE OF YOUR EXCITEMENT BUT some of us are gonna be posting what we got in return so this will be taking care of two things at once because you will be updating your page AND you can be making your list all at the same time!

PLEASE REMEMBER to include a shipping label back to you, your postage back to you.

PlEASE make sure you label your packs of seeds to the intended person with THEIR ASSIGNED NUBMER I GO BY THE NUMBER TO SORT NOT THEIR GW NAME but would appeciate the GW ID AS WELL SUCH AS 01 ncgardengirl.

It makes it go SO much faster for me to be able look at their number and match it to the bag system I have set up. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Thanks so much,

Your Hostess,

:) Fran

01. ncgardengirl-Fran*****

02. medontdo-Michele

03. markcase1964-Mark*****

04. lgslgs-Lynda

05. misskimmie-Kim

06. conniesc-Connie*****

07. heatherbon-Heather

08. dirtdiggin-Toni*****

09. gardeningbingo

10. grolikecrazy-Chris*****

11. douglasls-Lisa

12. beverlysc-Bev

13. aphroditelaughs-Ellie

14. sissifriss-Myriah*****

15. chellflower-Chell*****

16. mary_grether-Mary

17. poisondartfrog-Alana*****

18. grovespirit-Iris

19. lindaruzicka-Linda*****

20. angelady-Angela*****

21. dimples31312-Dorothy

22. strmywthr3-Barbi

23. smokymist-Cheryl*****

24. jas_il-Jasmine

25. kristlindgren-Kris

26. ishareflowers-Lisa*****

27. purpleacres-Tracy*****

28. countrygirl_sc-Gail

29. fleethart-Fleety

30. hmacdona-Heather*****

31. echinaceamaniac-Clint

32. lakedallasmary-Mary

33. diana_lynn-Diana Lynn

34. smitties-Margo

35. ashle999

36. yotetrapper*****

37. mcbdz-Pattie

38. graanieb-Bea

39. sassybutterfly_2008-Wendy*****

40. threeshyacres-Jodi*****

41. blue_ivy-Tola

42. ibartoo-Linda

43. jaleeisa-Kathy*****

44. molanic-Molanic

45. rane_grow-Iris

46.gardenmom2-Nichol

47. southerncharm1-Kathy SC1

48. kilngod-Tina*****

49. luvgardening2-Nancy*****

50. rbrady-Rhonda*****

51. dessieb-Dessie

52. Shanta_5-Shanta

Here is a link that might be useful: WOW THANKS! I wanted that #5
Follow-Up Postings:

RE: UPDATE: WoW Thanks! I Wanted That #6

Compiled Want Lists for All WOW participants

Today's Offers

OFFERS TODAY: Monday Feb 9, 09

5 2 offers of okra (2 packets each) 1 markcase1964 1 southerncharm1 1 gardenmom2

10 9 offers Pumpkin Field-Jack 1 blue_ivy

10 4 offers Heirloom Paste Tomato 1 kristlindgren 1 sassybutterfly_2008 1 southerncharm1 1 gardenmom2 1 rane_grow 1 mcbdz

2 offers Tomato Roma 1 gardenmom2 1 yotetrapper

1 offer Tomato unknown yellow countrygirl_sc

2 offers Tomato Roma 1 kristlindgren 1 heatherbon

4offers Tomato Rutgers 1 heatherbon 1 rane_grow 1 chellflower 1 yotetrapper

2 Offers Tomato yellow pear 1 sassybutterfly_2008 1 markcase1964

2 offers Tomato yellow plum 1 dirtdiggin 1 markcase1964

1 offer of at least 50 Tomato Supersteak Beefsteak kristlindgren

10 7 offers heirloom Melon Blend 1 sissifriss 1 sassybutterfly_2008 1 blue_ivy
1 countrygirl_sc

1 offer Tomato Delicious 2005 1 heatherbon

1 offer Tomato Beefsteak 2004 sissifriss

2 offers Tomato Red Plum 1 ishareflowers 1 jaleeisa

1 offer Tomato Bloody Butcher luvgardening2

3 offers Tomato Red Cherry 1 kristlindgren 1 rane_grow 1 heatherbon

5 offers Freaky Greens Mix (2 packs each offer) 1 sassybutterfly_2008 1 fleethart
1 blue_ivy 1 aphroditelaughs 1 gardenmom2

OFFERS TODAY: Tuesday Feb 10, 09

1 offer Bi-color Mixed varieties?

1 offer Watermelon Sugar Baby

1 offer Melon: Honey Dew

4 offers Maltese Cross

1 offer Watermelon Jubilee

1 offer Large Pear Shaped Tomato

1 offer Passion Flower Passiflora caerulea yr unknown Comm. pk

1 offer Lavatera Mont Blanc Annual yr unknown Comm. pk Full Sun jas_il

1 offer Euphorbe Summer Icicle Annual yr unknown Comm. Pk Sun to Part Shade

1 offer Thyme (Organics Biologique) Comm. pk yr unknown jas_il

1 offer Lettuce Mesclun Bon Vivant yr hand written on it 2008 jas_il

1 offer Dill Chia Brand Herbs Comm year unknown jas_il

1 offer Morning Glory Heavenly Blue Comm yr unknown

1 offer Tomato Brandywine (Oragnic Biologique) yr marked out

1 offer Castor Bean feels like 4 seeds comm. pk unknown yr

1 offer Tomato could be black no other info

1 offer Heirloom Tomato Basinga 2006

1 offer Isis Yellow Flag jas_il

2 1 offer Asclepias ÂSoulmate Pink zone 3-9 1 ishareflowers

Please not I have NO clue what the first on may even remotely be, your guess is as good as mine!
Also remember anything you are requesting it could be on your list and if I put one pack in your bag already and you request these extras too, then you have 2 I will not pull the first pack or the requested. It would be too confusing I think.

Heather ~ Could the tomato be the 'tiger stripe' tomato? That was the first thing that popped into my head :) Google an image, it'll show u a pic.

~Wendy

1 offer Bi-color Mixed varieties?
1 offer Watermelon Sugar Baby
1 offer Melon: Honey Dew
1offers Maltese Cross
2 1 offer Asclepias ÂSoulmate Pink zone 3-9 1
ishareflowers

I would like these if that is ok. Nichol

Would love to try Heirloom Tomato Basinga. Thanks :)

Package of seeds is on the way.

Toni

Oh Shoot!!! I didn't put names, only numbers :o/

I'm sorry Fran, I only put numbers on as the first info said either or. I hope I haven't created more work for you.
But I included a little peace offering lol so maybe you'll forgive me ;)

Wendy- Thanks for that I emailed her a picture will let you know if that was it.

Still Available
African Daisy LOTS
Baby Blue Eyes
Unknown Type of Zinnia

Thanks
Heather

Heather you can put me down for the unknow zinnia, too. Thanks to all of you I will have the prettiest yard in the state (that or you will get eye strain from all of the crazy color combinations, but hey, I'm lovin' it.)

I only put numbers on mine as well.

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Compiled Want Lists for All WOW participants

I would like :

African Daisy LOTS -- Dont really grow flowers but I simply love daisys. They are like the flower with the smile. :-)

Acres

Angela, Do you mind updating my list? I got word that my package from Patty was shipped out so there is no longer any need for the two lists. I already took it down yesterday. I am sure it is very confusing. Thank YOU!

Nancy

hi Fran,

I would like the Maltese Cross & Passion Flower caerulea if they're still available.

Thanks,
Chell

Hi Heather, I would love some of the african daisies and baby blue eyes if they are still available ;-) Thanks !

~Iris

• Posted by: lgslgs z6 SE ohio (My Page) on Tue, Feb 10, 09 at 22:11

Heatherbon - If you still have lots of African daisies I could sure use some. I love daisies and have garden room to spare. :)

Lynda

OK, I can't resist the Baby Blue Eyes. I thought I could, but then I saw another picture. Could you put me down for some of those?

Thanks,

Ellie

Heather,
If there are any left, I would also love to try a small amount of Baby Blue Eyes - pretty little things! Never saw them before. Usually, the Nemophila menziesii I have seen pictures of have been black ("Penny Black" I think), not blue.

Thanks!

If you only put the number on the packs this is fine, I printed a master list of everyone's number/name AND put the bags in numerical order so it is fine. The main problem was just getting names, that means I have to scan the list for each person name because although I KNOW some of your numbers already I haven't remembered everyone's and prolly won't so I NEED the numbers more then the GW id.

ALSO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT FORGET to include YOUR GW ID along with a note telling me if you want All VEGGIES, ALL FLOWERS, VEGGIES/FLOWERS/HERBS, VEGGIES/HERBS, VEGGIES/FLOWERS, FLOWERS/HERBS it will help in the selection process I don't want to give you something you don't want.
PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO POST HOW MANY PACKS YOU ARE SENDING IN :)

I did receive something for someone that had requested ALL VEGGIES and went to check their list and they wanted this flower to interplant with their veggies, so I am making sure if you tell me you want whatever and you receive something else that I check the list to make sure it is on your list!

I will post an update for the offers next. NO PACKAGES ARRIVED TODAY.

Offer's Update

5 2 offers of okra (2 packets each) 1 markcase1964 1 southerncharm1 1 gardenmom2

10 4 offers Heirloom Paste Tomato 1 kristlindgren 1 sassybutterfly_2008 1 southerncharm1 1 gardenmom2 1 rane_grow 1 mcbdz

1 countrygirl_sc

5 offers Freaky Greens Mix (2 packs each offer) 1 sassybutterfly_2008 1 fleethart

1 offer Bi-color Mixed varieties? gardenmom2

1 offer Watermelon Sugar Baby gardenmom2

1 offer Melon: Honey Dew gardenmom2

4 offers Maltese Cross 1 gardenmom2 1 chellflower

1 offer Passion Flower Passiflora caerulea yr unknown Comm. Pk chellflower

1 offer Euphorbe Summer Icicle Annual yr unknown Comm. Pk Sun to Part Shade

1 offer Tomato Brandywine (Oragnic Biologique) yr marked out

1 offer Tomato could be black no other info

1 offer Heirloom Tomato Basinga 2006 dirtdiggin

2offer Asclepias ÂSoulmate Pink zone 3-9 1 ishareflowers gardenmom2

Please not I have NO clue what the first on may even remotely be, your guess is as good as mine!
Also remember anything you are requesting it could be on your list and if I put one pack in your bag already and you request these extras too, then you have 2 I will not pull the first pack or the requested. It would be too confusing I think.
If there is a strike through the whole name it is no longer available I am doing it this way because it is easier for me to strike through and see the WHOLE list together then it is to remove what is no longer available and relist only what hasnÂt been claimed.

STRIKE THROUGH NO LONGER AVAILABLE If someone claimed it before you it will go to them.

You're doing a terrific job with the swap, Fran! It's going to get crazier and crazier for you, isn't it?

I've updated both pages for those that have asked me to so both are up to date. PLEASE, check my updates for you to be sure that I didn't make a mistake. Thanks!

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: Compiled Want Lists for All WOW participants

Fran, I'd enjoy the Euphorbe Summer Icicle if it's still available. I'll add it and the previously requested Red Plum tomato to my list.

Kathy

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 5:56

Good morning all!

I haven't gotten my envy back from Patty yet so I'm going to add a few things to my page in a few minutes and call it done.

I have enough pink jewel for everyone that has already requested it...yay!

I still have a bunch of the montauk daisy.

Fran, I think I would like to try the maltese cross that your offering up for grabs.

I started to check yours and sassybutterflies wants list last night, holy cow!!!!!! Where in the world do you two plan on gardening? lol

If anyone wants the montauk daisy just post here and I'll see that they make into your envie.

Lisa

Lisa,
I would like to try the Montauk daisy.
Thanks, Alana

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 6:46

Okay,I UPDATED MY PAGE THIS MORNING.

Alana, you got em!!

Lisa

Fran, I'll give that organic Brandywine a try if its still available ? Thanks ! I'll be sending my package either today or tomorrow ;-)

~Iris

Hi Everyone.

Fran - you are doing a wonderful job. Above and beyond. Thanks for everything.

Heather - I agree the tomato that came to mind was Tiger-Like. I have a few seeds (4 or 5 - sorry not more ) I could send you if you want.
Also I would like to try the African Dasies and the Zinnia.

Lisa - I would like to try the Montauk Daisy.

Everyone - I received a pkg of Rainbow Chard seeds. I am not going to use them if anyone wants them. Only 1 pkg so first requested first served.

Thanks all.

Dessie

I have updated my list for the last time. Added Scented Flowers section. This is my last update as I don't really need anything else at the moment. lol Notice I say at the moment. ROFL

Dessie I would be interested in the Rainbow Chard if still available. :D Thank you for offering.

List of EXTRAS :)

Here is my list of Extra seeds, first come first served. :)
All seeds are 2008 or 2009, speak now or forever hold your peace. hehe :D

1 pk - Pumpkin - Jack O'Lantern
1 pk - Gourds - Ornamental Mix
1 pk - Spaghetti Squash - 25 seeds
1 pk - Cantaloupe Honey Rock
1 pk - Beet Burpees Golden
1 pk - Garden Bean Goldrush
2 pks - Pole Bean Snowcap
1 pk - Early Purple Vienna Kohlrabi

1 pk - Long Island Mammoth Dill
1 pk - Dark Green Italian Parsley
1 pk - Toothache Plant
1 pk - Rudbeckia Marmalade
1 pk - Prarie Flax
1 pk - Flax
1 pk - True Lavender

6 pks - Purple Spider Flower (Cleome)
1 pk - Wildflower Country Side Mix
2 pks - Sunflower Valentine
1 pk - Cockscomb - Red
3 pks - Datura Moon - White
1 pk - French Marigold - Orange
1 pk - Japanese Iris
1 pk - Bachelors Buttons Mixed Colors
1 pk - Zinnia Lilliput Mixed Colors
1 pk - Amaryllis - Bright Orange (may not come true?)
1 pk - Hyacinth ?
1 pk - Hibiscus Scarlet
1 pk - Morning Glory Pearly Gates - White
1 pk - Rose Mallow/Swamp Mallow

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 10:10

Southerncharm,

I would love to have swamp mallow,marmalade and cockscomb red.

Lisa

Southerncharm I would love any of the following if they are available :)

Toothache Plant
Pole Bean Snowcap
Sunflower Valentine
Early Purple Vienna Kohlrabi

Thank you :)

Hi Southerncharm,

Thanks for your list of extras. I am interested in:

1 pk - Spaghetti Squash - 25 seeds (I would be happy with just 5-8 of these seeds if anyone wants to share.)
1 pk - Pole Bean Snowcap
1 pk - Long Island Mammoth Dill
1 pk - Prarie Flax

Thanks for making my garden delicious!

Southerncharm, I would like

1 pk - Beet Burpees Golden
1 pk - Dark Green Italian Parsley
1 pk - Japanese Iris
1 pk - True Lavender

Thanks
Jasmine

Southerncharm
The Rainbow Chard is yours.

I would like if still available:
Purple Spider Flowers
Sunflower Valentine
Batchelors Buttons
Hyacinth

Thanks for the great offers.
Dessie

Fran, I'd like one of those Heirloom Paste Tomatoe seed packs. I thought I posted this, but perhaps it didn't go through. I'll be mailing my package to you today. (Yippee!)

Southerncharm, can I try your Gold Rush Garden Bean?

Thanks, guys.

Diana Lynn

• Posted by: yotetrapper (riverat@hcil.net) on Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 10:57

I think I'm done. I need to write notes about what I want etc., and add money for postage, and then address the envelope, but other than that I am done. I am in toooooo many swaps and need to get this one sent before I get buried too far behind. If I have anything for anyone I didnt send in this one, I will in April/May swap if you all are in it.

Southern Charm, if you still have some of the japanese iris and valentine sunflowers, may I please have some.
Thanks, Linda

I have gotten everyone covered for the seeds that have been requested. I am going thru my stash tonight and will be posting what else I have extra. I will be close to the deadline date for mailing I am waiting on 1 order and I have to get more seed packets made can't seem to get motivated on that part. lol

I checked with my friend she said that the tiger stripe is not the one that she has. Can you think of anything else?

Thanks for all the help I appreciate it hope all is well with everyone.

~heather

Southerncharm ~ I would love some of the Marmalade, Hibiscus Scarlet, Pole Bean Snowcap, Sunflower Valentine and the MG Pearly Gates if they're any still available? Thanks so much for the offer.

I had hoped to put some extras up today but I'm STILL working on packing up pkts and I wanna get those out of the way first! lol

I do know I have about 5 offers of Silene Catchfly if anyone would like to try this. 3 offers of Indian Paintbrush as well. (Just fyi..IF you have this on your want list I've already pkgd it up for you!)

Thanks!
Wendy

OT Echinacea question..?

I've got an OT question...

Someone offered me some Coconut Lime Echinacea seeds in a trade, but after pouring thru GW last night, everything I find says the seeds are sterile. Has ANYONE tried to grow seed from this plant and/or did they grow anything 'odd' at least or are they truly sterile? Gosh I have been looking for so many of the Echinaceas and I thought growing from seed would be my answer..it was such a letdown to read that they are sterile! :( I am just going to have to check the plant exchange in the summer.. maybe by then someone will be doing cuttings to offer or something. I just cannot afford those crazy prices the nurseries are charging for these beauties! K.. done ranting..lol But seriously if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. You can email me if you'd prefer. I am hoping someone has had some success.

Thanks!!
Wendy

• Posted by: ishareflowers 5 MA. (oemech4@aol.com) on Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 11:22

Sassy,

I"d like to try the silene catchfly and indian paintbrush please.

Lisa

Fran, i would like Tomato could be black and Euphorbe Summer Icicle, if available.

Heather I would love some African Daisies.

Wendy, neither or these are on my wish list so I would like to try the Silene Catchfly and the Indian Paintbrush.

All, I have some seeds for a tall snapdragon(18 inches or so), dark burgundy blooms with sort of dark foliage from last summer. I will be glad to package some for anyone who would like to try them. There are a lot of seeds in those little pods - more than I can ever use!

Also question for everyone: I noticed my Black Eyed Susan Rudbeckia has what I assume are seed heads. Would these still be good after being on the plant all winter?

re: update: noid canna lily seeds

A friend just gave me some canna seeds that she had gathered for me last fall. She doesn't know the name, but I have one of the cannas in my yard. It is tall, has the orange blooms that are delicate looking (sort of like an orchid)with green foliage. Would anyone like to try some of these?

Countrygirl,

I know black-eyed susans winter-sow well. That might indicate that late-winter harvested seeds are still viable. Of course, I don't know for sure. Stick them in a plastic baggie on a wet paper-towel and let us know what you find out!

Diana Lynn

snaps

• Posted by: ishareflowers (oemech4@aol.com) on Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 12:00

Countrygirl,

I'll try your snapdragons, I have a friend with young children who I could winter sow with them and they can take them home. Thanks

Lisa

Thanks, Diana Lynn! I'll try that!

fanna are you around today?

My EXTRAS!!!

ok here are what I have left as extras......

4 o'clocks Pink (2)
Iris Pseudalorus - Yellow (1)
Common Pink Milkweed (2)
Nicotiana - White (1)
- Chartruse (1)
Brown Eyed Susan (2)
GAillardia Red/Yellow (3)
Ironweed - Purple (2)
Morning Glory - Red Rambler (1)
Cleome - Mix (1)
Double Feature Cuke (2)
Dill (2)
Cassia (1)

countrygirl, I would like tall snapdragon
Heather, I would like Iris Pseudacorus

Thanks

Heather - I would love to have one of the common pink milkweed.

Countrygirl - Could I please try the snapdragon?

Thanks,
Dessie

• Posted by: mcbdz 8 Louisiana (My Page) on Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 12:42

Heather I would like the Nicotiana - White and Chartruse, Dil,Cassia. Thanks
Pattie

Heather,
I am interested in the cassia, but do you know anything about it? (Variety, etc.?) I would love to adopt it in any case. Thanks!

Country Girl, I would love to try your snapdragon - it sounds beautiful! Thanks!

• Posted by: kristlindgren 4 WI (kristlindgren@yahoo.com) on Wed, Feb 11, 09 at 12:47

I would would to have the following if they are still available?

southerncharm1
Dark Green Italian Parsley
Amaryllis - Bright Orange

countrygirl_sc
tall snapdragon

heatherbon
Morning Glory - Red Rambler

Kris
25. kristlindgren

RE: UPDATE: Burgundy Snapdragons

so far I'm making packets of Snapdragons for ishareflowers, jas_il, and dessieb.

RE: UPDATE: Oops, Kris!

we must have hit submit at the same time. A packet will have your name on them too. I have lots.

extras update

No sorry ivy i dont these are my orphans from trades the only one i have grown are the morning glory. Wish I knew more but that is how they were labeled when they came to me.

I have everyone marked down for what they have requested. I think I still have 1 more pack of the unknown zinnia left the baby blue eyes are now gone, as well are the Iris-pseudalorus, the cassia, milk weed, and both nicotiana.

I am not fancy like fanna i dont know how to put the line thru em' lol

I have these seeds if anybody wants.

1- Linaria morroccana
1- Garlic chives
1- Clematis sweet autum
1- Blue vitex
1- Touch me nots pink
1- Marigold snow ball
1- Marigold double white
1- Rapini Broccoli
1- Cassia Alata
2- Tomato yellow pear
1- Tomato yellow plum
1- Tomato yellow unknown
1- Tomato cherry red
1- Esperanza
1- Mexican hat
1- Aster alma potshe mix
2- Lettuce Butter curnch
2- Mustard curly
1- Balsamina Impatience hot pink
1- Balsamina Impatience
1- Sunflower Teddy Bear (not looks like teddy bear but pretty)

Jasmine

10 3 offers Heirloom Paste Tomato 1 kristlindgren 1 sassybutterfly_2008 1 southerncharm1 1 gardenmom2 1 rane_grow 1 mcbdz 1 diana_lynn

1 countrygirl_sc

1 offer Bi-color Mixed varieties? gardenmom2

1 offer Watermelon Sugar Baby gardenmom2

1 offer Melon: Honey Dew gardenmom2

4 1 offers Maltese Cross 1 gardenmom2 1 chellflower 1 ishareflowers

1 offer Passion Flower Passiflora caerulea yr unknown Comm. Pk chellflower

1 offer Euphorbe Summer Icicle Annual yr unknown Comm. Pk Sun to Part Shade jaleeisa

1 offer Tomato Brandywine (Oragnic Biologique) yr marked out rane_grow

1 offer Tomato could be black no other info countrygirl_sc

1 offer Heirloom Tomato Basinga 2006 dirtdiggin

2offer Asclepias ÂSoulmate Pink zone 3-9 1 ishareflowers gardenmom2

Please remember anything you are requesting it could be on your list and if I put one pack in your bag already and you request these extras too, then you have 2 I will not pull the first pack or the requested. It would be too confusing I think.
If there is a strike through the whole name it is no longer available I am doing it this way because it is easier for me to strike through and see the WHOLE list together then it is to remove what is no longer available and relist only what hasnÂt been claimed.

STRIKE THROUGH NO LONGER AVAILABLE If someone claimed it before you it will go to them.

SC1!!! errr, sorry I missed anything you put up BUT if ANYONE else has ANY of these:
2 pks - Pole Bean Snowcap (need more to go with mine, so if anyone else has any)
1 pk - Early Purple Vienna Kohlrabi (if anyone else has any on my want list)
1 pk - Long Island Mammoth Dill (not sure if it was claimed)
1 pk - Dark Green Italian Parsley (if any one has any parsley)
6 pks - Purple Spider Flower (Cleome)
2 pks - Sunflower Valentine (if anyone else has any On my want list)
SC1 is this still available?
1 pk - Amaryllis - Bright Orange is this still available
THANKS FOR LISTING ALL YOUR EXTRAS TO SHARE glad you offered them to everyone here.

Wendy girl, I would think it wouldn't grow anything that is the reason the nurseries are charging
much for them!!!

I want to thank everyone for posting all they have extras of, it is so nice to let people claim them then it is to just send them to someone as a bonus or a swap and HOPE they might want it. I think it is so much better to KNOW they want them you know?

Thanks everyone on telling me I amdoing a good job, I think you all are to by participating and making the offers that you all are doing. THANKS SO VERY MUCH AGAIN IT IS ALL OF YOU WHO MAKE A SWAP LIKE THIS WORK!

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!!!

I will be having some extra poppies to offer later I am trying to get my extras together and will prolly offer them all at once and after all other offers. I KNOW I have poppies already...lol nothing fancy, just plain ones so they will be going in the pot. Although I will check list first to see if someone MIGHT want any of what I have first. The other stuff I have been offering has came in to the swap and I wasn't sure who might want it because of either age, no info, or it's uniqueness which is the reason for the offers so far but I will offer some because it is fun to watch you all jump on them for them and to SEE who will actaully want something...LOL cheap entertainment, I am sorry I am easy to make happy lol. It amazes me each and everytime something I think no one will want somebody will, and THAT makes me happy to see they're going to a wanted home, I hope that made sense...not making fun, just saying I am glad they ARE wanted and REALLY wanted not maybe you know?

Jasmine, if not too late, I would like Linaria morroccana, Marigold snow ball, Marigold double white, Blue vitex, Tomato yellow unknown, and Mexican hat

I would like

Jasmine I would like:
1- Rapini Broccoli
1- Touch me nots pink
1- Esperanza
maybe the teddy bear sunflower

Thanks for offering!!!

WOW this is so exciting!!! LOL Trying to update my list and didn't realize lists were coming up! ROFL

I would really like these if they are still available:

heatherbon
Common pink milkweed
Double feature cukes
Gillardia Red/Yellow

jas_il
Mexican Hat
Teddy Bear Sunflower
Clematis Sweet Autumn

Comments (151)