SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajmorrow_gw

Recommendations for pans, starting from scratch!

ajmorrow
17 years ago

Alright, on the 15th i will be moving out of my parents house for good, it is time for me to be living on my own, in the real world

now, I would love to buy cookware as i am planning on cooking alot, i enjoy cooking, and have the fortune of a 24hour loblaws being just down the street.

but after spending literally, all my free time looking at sets, going to housewear stores, big box stores, and browsing ebay and the internet, reading reviews and reading this forum, i am totally swamped with brands, pots, pans, and everything under the cookware rainbow

now, i know this is a total copout, cut me some slack :)

I would love some recommendations on brands, and/or even what type of pots and pans i should be buying

I know im young and a student, but i make good money, and im willing to spend a reasonable amount on the good stuff

now, ive thought about it, and what i feel i need is:

a small (8"?) non stick frying pan

a larger (10"? 12"?) non stick frying pan (terminology might be off?)

a medium sized sauce pan

a large pot (boiling pasta)

now, brands ive heard/read about

t-fal: reviews seem to be good

wolfgang puck: very good bargain stainless

cuisinart: read some reviews that some sets are the best the reviewers ever used

all-clad: one of the best, seem to be extremely expensive

calphalon: another one of the best, very expensive

now, i dont want every colour, every metal, every surface under the rainbow, i would like some consistancy, and really, aesthetics are important to me and my girlfriend. We are young, and students, supporting our selves, but there is no need for us to run to value village for this stuff

I would prefer nonstick frying pans, and then stainless pots/saucepans for the ease of cleaning/being rough with them

anyways, i appreciate any advice that you can give me, and wish me luck on moving out :)

Alex

Comments (37)