SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3ilovepie

Starting from scratch - appliances ok?

3ilovepie
9 years ago

Background - new kitchen being built for our family of 4. Our boys are 7 and 4. I'm usually surrounded in the kitchen - although nobody else actually prepares anything. I cook, bake, roast, stew...a lot! Our youngest has a few food allergies that are high on our priority list so much of what us consumed is made at home. We have decided on our layout and now it's time to finalize appliances.

We thought we knew what we wanted but have been rethinking so much that we are starting over.

I want a gas rangetop and double ovens ( I hate lifting heavy pans up from the oven - and I do this daily).

As for the refrigerator we were looking at the full refrigerator and full freezer but space and budget nixed that.

Dishwasher - I've had bad luck picking these in the past.... Had two that I didn't like in 13 years.

My DH and I recently saw the Blustar RNB 36 range with option of charbroiler or griddle - definitely interested in hearing thoughts on this!

My latest visit to a local appliance shop had the salesperson punching all things Electrolux (dishwasher and ovens) and the 36 French door LG.

Thoughts?

Comments (28)