SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bigbaby_gw

Trojan horse remnants!! Can anyone help?

bigbaby
14 years ago

My computer caught a trojan horse about 3 weeks ago. It was terrible. My friend took my computer and fixed it. There is still a problem that continues now. It's when I'm trying to search for something. If I type in a word or phrase and search it, then you get a list of websites. If I click on the website's title, as I usually do, another window opens up and I am redirected to another website. Sometimes I can go back and copy and paste the actual website, but not always. To make it worse, if I google "having problem with browser redirecting" or something like that to find a solution, and click on an article or something, it immediatley starts downloading that trojan horse, which my new firewall catches. So I can't even search for answers and each time I have to scan my computer to get rid of it. Now it's doing it when I click on a thread here at the garden web, too.

I emailed my friend about the problem, but I feel bad always calling him when I have problems. I have no idea what else to do!! Does anyone know how I can fix the problem? Secondly, what do you do when you have such problems? We used to use the geek squad at Best Buy but they are really terrible anymore.

Comments (10)