SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwarrior99

36' Hood Recommendation/Assistance and the Kenmore PRO range?

gwarrior99
15 years ago

Hello to all,

Finalizing appliances for a new kitchen(now gutted) and I hear much talk on the CFM ratings. I need to decide asap as the cabinets and all are waiting on me. My range choices have come down to Wolf, Kenmore PRO, and Bluestar, in that order. I will have a Wall Chimney Hood vented right outside, the range will be against one inside wall of the house. But then I read this from Consumer Reports that tested many hoods:

"A final caveat concerns manufacturers airflow claims, which tout the cubic feet per minute (cfm) of air exhausted. More airflow means faster ventilation but it doesnÂt guarantee better smoke capture and removal in your kitchen. Indeed, many hoods we tested vented smoke and steam as well as others that delivered twice as much airflow in our testing."

First, Any users of a Kenmore PRO dual fuel range with comments? Then, any comments on a Hood that is not noisy but can do a good job, CR ranked the GE Profile Hood very good and that is only at 600 CFM(Viking was ranked best, VAH wasn't up there at all...) Any help is much appreciated, our first house, a 14 month old baby, and the kitchen is gutted right now, excited to move forward with this, many thanks, Greg

Comments (4)