SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scott55405

WANTED: Wonderful, colorful package from the east!

scott55405
17 years ago

I received my delightful swap gift package today from Pauline! Thank you ever so much Pauline, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift.

The package covers both my interest in color, in retro, and has representations of a number of things from her area.

What's especially fun is she color-coded individually wrapped items in theme groups; we have orange (mid century modern) red (for pasta) lime green (summertime!) green (vintage kitchenware) and blue (New England (her area)) related! I took a picture before unwrapping everything because it looked so pretty that way! Then in her letter as she told me about the various things, she used ink in that color to match the wrapping!

Now for the items:

One of my favorites a "Wirax" toast rack, that holds toast points to set on the table. This will be especially fun with a stainless coffe service and tray set I have.

Then we have a lovely red bar set, bar shaker, ice bucket and bottle chiller/holder that will look handsome with my red motif!

A set of six glasses with liners. You put water in them, place the cone/lid inside, the water freezes around them, and you pour your drink in, and it's chilled around the outside rather than dropping cubes into the drink. What a cool idea and fun effect!

There is some clam chowder, which I love and haven't had in some time, a nice oregano infused olive oil, dried fire roasted tomatoes (never saw this before, sounds like a fun thing to try in different things!), some sweet onion antipasto dip, and a peach ginger grilling sauce/marinade. Last but certainly not least is a box of salt water taffy, another treat I have not had in a long time!

What fun this is, and how fun it is to be participating in the swap again. Thank you again Pauline for a most wonderful, colorful and delicious package!!

{{gwi:1463737}}

{{gwi:1463738}}

Comments (45)

• chancesmom
    17 years ago

Very nice assortment. Those ice glasses sounded very cool (no pun intended). Enjoy!

I like your two vases also, Scott.

Janet

• homesforsale
    17 years ago

What a fun package(s) I just bought 2 of those glasses:) Haven't tried them yet ..You just reminded me!
    Enjoy...

• Related Discussions

WANTED: Pics of my Great Package from Karen.

Q

Comments (21)
    I'm glad you found the wire. Your package sounded perfect in your first post with description and the pictures certainly prove it. You couldn't have more perfect napkins for your dishes. I love those colors too. The book looks like a fun one. Karen, everything is lovely. Lee
    ...See More

Corrections! Wonderful package from Trixie Tx

Q

Comments (24)
    Wow! Neat package -- the Apricot/Jalapeno jelly sounds great. (I can imagine that making a really nice glaze for pork or chicken....) And the microfiber towels are fantastic. I guarentee you will love those! Nice to make a Kitchen Forum believer out of your DH. Great job, Karen; and hope you enjoy the whole box, Susan!
    ...See More

WANTED: Man in brown shorts delivered package from Lori

Q

Comments (40)
    Lori, I have somewhat small fingers myself, and so it fits comfortably on my hand. I wanted to start peeling something with it as soon as I got it, but I didn't have anything to peel! I plan to try it on apples and potatoes, when I get some. I tested the strainer, and it works fine. At first I thought the holes might be too small or not enough of them, but that is not the case. It looks very pretty hanging on a rack with my other utensils. I plan to install the magnetic knife holder this week-end, when I can get DB to help. I don't like using hammers or screwdrivers, but he does. I'm also going to use some of the wasabi-ginger sauce this week-end when we grill outside - it's gotten quite a bit cooler here now - it's 70° and overcast - not quite warm enough to hang out laundry, but my ginger plants will like it. Lars
    ...See More

WANTED: Package from Scott!!!

Q

Comments (16)
    Maria, you and Scott are both in my thoughts often. Let us know about the package when you can, but we're really more worried about how you are doing. Please let us know if we can help in any way. Dolores
    ...See More
  • kent4489
    17 years ago

Scott, great package. I've thought that I'd like a toast rack.
    Paulines, nice job, great color theme.

Jayne

• maggie2094
    17 years ago

Cool!!! I remember those toast racks. I love the bar set. Pauline, what a thoughtful perfect package.

What time is cocktail hour, David?

• bubbeskitchen
    17 years ago

I love colorful kitchen items. The glasses are clever and how adorable is that red bar set? I especially like the bottle cooler.

Scott, enjoy everything. I liked how you described the packaging and the items.

Pauline, That's just a super swap package.

Bubbe

• stacy3
    17 years ago

Scott, sounds like Pauline has you pegged - what a great assortment of fun things personally suited to you!

Stacy

• dedtired
    17 years ago

That red bar set is very groovy! I love that. The glasses are nice because not only will they keep you drinks cold with out dioluting, you also don't get "condensation drip."

Pauline you are so clever to color code the type with the packages. I never think of things like that.

I have GOT to get my box out the door! I almost made it last night but then I remembered I'm supposed to take photos first, so at least that is done. Tomorrow is the day.

Good going Pauline. Enjoy, Scott.

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

Pauline definitely did her homework, Scott! All of those items are very "you". Enjoy them all!

Linda

• jessyf
    17 years ago

I need those glasses. Its hot here! The food items sound yummy. Enjoy, Scott!

• Lars
    17 years ago

I want to see those in person! I especially like the black and white vases, or is one of them a tumbler? I love the color arrangement and choices. Maybe you can invite me over to have a drink from one of those glasses - I've never seen anything like that!

Lars

• granjan
    17 years ago

The glasses sound really great. And the toast rack is so elegant. What a wonderful collection of items.

• scott55405
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We'll use them sometime when you come over, Lars, they look pretty neat!

The black vases are mine that I bought...they live on the table when it's not being used for a meal.

• Terri_PacNW
    17 years ago

Very nice things...and you are right love the colors!

• Gina_W
    17 years ago

Great package for you Scott - I love everything. Good job Pauline (you hot mama!)

• shaun
    17 years ago

Wonderful! Those ice glasses would be a hit around here too. Great job! Enjoy your goodies!

• paulines
    17 years ago

I am sooo glad everything arrived intact, Scott! I had some help from Lars in getting to know you better-lol I know you had plans and really appreciate that you took the time to post at the late hour (I was busting I tell you, ask Ann-lol)!

The toast rack was destiny - I had just read that you liked vintage kitchenwares and *just happened* to be in an antiquey type store and saw it. Wirax was an English company from the 50/60s and it seems their products have become collectible - who knew?!

I'm glad you liked the barware set (you did find the tongs wrapped in tissue?)! I took the liberty of removing the pieces from the box for shipping purposes - here's a pic of them with the box (I wasn't sure if you were able to post pictures), and some of the others I took;

Pauline AKA Hot Mama

• annie1992
    17 years ago

Paulines, I'm glad you posted those pictures, my computer tells me that Picture Trail is having a problem with one of the servers and so I can't make Scott's pictures any larger.

Scott, I really want to see those vases now, so I'll keep trying. The toast rack is very cool, though and the ice glasses are interesting. Have fun with your new stuff, mix a drink and stay cool!

Annie

• Marigene
    17 years ago

Great swap package, love the toast rack and the clam chowder and the saltwater taffy and........., well you get the drift!

• scott55405
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks again Pauline, and thanks for posting those better than mine pictures. I did indeed find the tongs inside!

Annie, I just tried the thumbnails and they worked, so keep trying! :)

I'm looking forward to trying the peach/ginger marinade, among all the others!

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

A great swap package! Yes, I like those glasses, too. What a great idea for summer! Love the bar set. Love everything! Enjoy Scott!

Pauline...super job! Great wrapping!!

• annie1992
    17 years ago

Hooray, the thumbnails worked. I really like that short round vase (as well as everything else!)

Annie

• maggie2094
    17 years ago

Ooops, just realized I wrote David in my post (don't know where that came from!). I am glad I came back and can see the larger pictures. Way cool.

So, SCOTT, when is happy hour?

• goldgirl
    17 years ago

Love the retro feel to the package you sent Pauline! Wonderful job.

Scott - it looks like we have the same granite! Do you have any kitchen photos? We're about the paint (probably a yellow/gold as well, and I'd love to see what you did! Enjoy your package :)

• Lars
    17 years ago

The granite is Pauline's, from the pictures she took before she sent the package.

The toast rack looks really pretty, but I would be tempted to store napkins in it. The cocktail shaker is really handy also - DB uses his all the time, and I don't think Scott had one.

Maybe I'll get to try some of the salt water taffy when I visit Scott.

Lars

• scott55405
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL Goldgirl...Pauline gets the credit for the package, granite and decorating! She sent me the package and the later pictures are what she took before the package left her house. It all sure looks great in mine, where there is a lot of red accent. :-)

Actually Annie, I got those vases at Target. Sometimes they have this "bazaar" department, I forget what they call it, where they have pieces inspired by things around the world. I just saw them there and thought they'd look great on the table, and sure enough! I got a lot of mileage out of IKEA and Target decorating this apartment, and everyone loves it!

• teresa_nc7
    17 years ago

Wonderful retro swap box for Scott, Pauline! You chose some really unique items that should suit Scott to a T.

Enjoy your goodies, Scott!

Teresa

• brenda55
    17 years ago

Love the bar set and glasses! Great swap box, Pauline. Have fun with that box, Scott.

Brenda

• bubbeskitchen
    17 years ago

Wow Pauline, Those photos are wonderful and really demonstrate the beauuty of your choices.

Renée

• craftyrn
    17 years ago

Love that bar set-- & what a unique pieces for you to have fun with Scott-- that toast rack will be a real conversation piece . Those glasses certainly shout "Summer " . And isn't it fun to get regional things -- a taste remembered that brings back memories or gives new ones .

Good job Pauline.

Diane

• debbie814
    17 years ago

Scott, enjoy your wonderful swap package! Really "cool" stuff.

• arabellamiller
    17 years ago

That is one great swap package! I love the toast rack.

AM

• ann_t
    17 years ago

Very nice. Love the red cocktail set.

Pauline nice job in putting together something special for Scott. I like how you combined the Retro with the new.

Ann

• traceys
    17 years ago

Beautiful package Pauline. It definitely was perfect for Scott.I wish I had a set of thase glasses.

Enjoy your goodies Scott.

Tracey

• lindainct
    17 years ago

A very cool package. The ginger peach sauce sounds yummy. Lucky Scott.
    Linda

• KatieC
    17 years ago

What a bunch of fun stuff! You've inspired me...I dry a lot of tomatoes. I may have to try roasting some first. mmmmmm......

• wizardnm
    17 years ago

Lot's of fun things in Scotts box.... you did a really nice job Pauline. I can think of lot's of uses for the toast rack, sans toast!!! Love the retro look.

Nancy

• sheshebop
    17 years ago

I swear, every time I see a swap box I think, "It just can't get any better than that"...and then it does! That is an awesome package. I loved everything! You are very lucky Scott. Nice job Pauline!

• alison
    17 years ago

What a wonderful package! I remember those toast racks, altho' I think we ended up using it for napkins as well!

The bar set is tres chic, and I love the regional foods. I think those are often the coolest part of swap packages, but they get a run for their money in this one!

• bubbeskitchen
    17 years ago

...lot's of uses for the toast rack, sans toast!!! How's about a letter holder when not employed in the kitchen?

• dlundin
    17 years ago

What a fantastic package you put together for our Scott, Pauline. Awesome! I was his swap partner in the past and I know Scott loves the retro stuff. Nice going! Scott, I do hope you enjoy your gifts and invite your L.A. homies over for cocktails!

• lowspark
    17 years ago

Great swap package, Pauline!! Scott, enjoy!

• riverrat1
    17 years ago

Wow, the cocktail set is lovely!

Scott, Enjoy your wonderful bounty from Pauline!

These packages just keep getting better and better!

• lakeguy35
    17 years ago

My DGM had one of those toast serving things, too cool! Great cocktail set too! Pauline you did great with the vintage stuff, a great box I know Scott will enjoy and put to good use.

David

• trixietx
    17 years ago

What a great package, I love the glasses and bar set.

My DGM used to make salt water taffy and we would have such fun pulling and twisting it and she would cut the ropes into little pieces. It was so good.

Pauline, what a nice package you put together for Scott!

• Tikanas2
    17 years ago

Oh its five o'clock somewhere! Gotta love those glasses!

Tikanas