SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Extravagant package from Loves2cook4six received!

Lars
12 years ago

Saturday morning (today) when Kevin went out to get coffee, he found my package waiting for me on the front porch! For some reason, Fedex did not ring the doorbell when they delivered, but we got it quickly anyway. I had a feeling it was going to be over the top, from the heft of it, and so I quickly took it into the kitchen to open it with some of the knives I have there. I told Kevin to pick up breakfast for the two of us, since he was going out for coffee anyway, and I spent the time sorting out the package.

First I took it out to the gazebo to arrange the wrapped gifts, of which I could tell there were too many! I wanted to set to what patterns might emerge. At first I thought the letters spelled "Sumer" because I have been reading archaeology books at night, but then I found the second "M", and it began to make sense. I opened the letter first, in case it might have instructions, and I found a key to the gift groupings. I also took note of the tea bags that had been used in lieu of bows and made a cup of tea right away. It is a rooibos blend from South Africa called African Nectar, and it has a flavor somewhat similar to cherries with a hint of peach. It looks like bits of bark, but it is not in any way bitter.

containing fabulous Balsamic vinegars (see photos) and hand-carved salad servers from South Africa (I'm putting some of the notes in Photobucket).

- quote from Phyllis Diller that she weaseled out of me! I do have a place for this and will photograph it again when it is up. It will be framed by black organza cafe curtains.

(3 separate links here) Custom cutting board made by local artisan especially for me - and I do love this style - it's very much like my furniture! Also included in this is a ceramic butter keeper so that I can butter my bread after I cut it!

If that were not enough, she decided to go ahead and . She fully expects a handslap from Ann_T for this, and I will say that I was overly blown away by all of this. I do think she thought of me as two people, however, and I had a roommate in San Francisco who had told me that living with me was like living with two people (because he thought I talked too much), and so maybe this is the explanation. She did say that I was very easy to buy for, and this is partly because our birthdays are only two days apart. I have had lots of friends (not to mention relatives) who have birthdays within 3 days of mine, and I feel that early Pisceans tend to flock together. Anyway, the apron is supposed to be a late birthday present!

Fortunately, we postponed our pergola raising until tomorrow, and so I had some time to get these photos done and described. I've already tasted the vinegars and love, love, love both of them. I plan to use the dark chocolate vinegar on strawberries and other fruit that goes with chocolate (or maybe ice cream!), and the tangerine will be great on citrus or apples, as well as on a green salad.

I truly feel loved after receiving this package! I also hope that my partner and I will be able to meet at some point, and I'm sorry I will not be on that Alaskan cruise.

Lars

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of swap package

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County