SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scoutfinch72

90% finished mostly DIY Cottage bathroom

scoutfinch72
15 years ago

We pretty much gutted the bathroom in our new-to-us 1955 rambler. The last update to the bathroom was done in 1985 and consisted of reglazing the original pink and blue wall tile white, adding an awful laminate vanity with blue sink, a blue toilet, a HUGE medicine cabinet, and blue floor tile over existing vinyl. Dh thought it was all just fine and we could get away with replacing the vanity and toilet, but I disagreed. We did this on a SERIOUS budget since we have a lot of fish to fry on this house. It was mostly a DIY project, but we did have some help from dhÂs uncle on the plumbing and from a electrician friend. I also ended up hiring out the tile at the last minute when I realized there was no way we were getting this done on time with 2 small kids and both working full time. Our deadline was Dec. 1st to vacate our duplex and move in and since this is currently the only bathroom it needed to be in working condition. We still have some small things to finish  hanging the wall cabinet above the toilet, installing a new window, hanging towel bars and tp holder, décor, and touching up the nail holes in the trim that we finished hanging the day before we moved in. Total cost on this project was just shy of $3000. We went over the budget I originally set by just the cost of the tile labor - $1000.

IÂve been waiting to take pics till we finished, but I couldnÂt stand it anymore, plus IÂd like some feedback on how we did! IÂm still not sure what color towels to get either.

Tub  Sterling Ensemble Vikrell tub(dh wanted a really deep tub and a deep cast iron tub was 3x the cost)

Shower tile  American Olean Sonesta 8x10 in Almond with American Olean 2x4 glass accent in Espresso. Grout is Snow White

Shower shelves  American Olean Portico series.

Shower rod  Inspirations by Moen curved brushed nickel.

Shower Curtain  Fieldcrest Luxury from Target

Shower valve/tub spout/head  Moen Banbury Brushed Nickel

Light fixture  Forte Lighting brushed Nickel 4 light (I forgot to get a pic)!!

Floor tile  12x12 from Lowes. CanÂt remember the name! Grout color is linen.

Toilet  American Standard Champion 4

Vanity, missing Cabinet and mirror  Lowes Allen and Roth Chesapeake all found on clearance for $400 total

Vanity top  Lowes stock 48" Desert Gold granite with attached undermount sink

Faucet  Costco Water Ridge Brushed nickel with chrome accent

Beadboard  GP Jubilee Ready to paint white panels

General before and after shots:

{{gwi:1507826}}

{{gwi:1507827}}

I have added the link to the detailed pics. I took these in a hurry, so keep in mind that this is a family bathroom in use!:

Here is a link that might be useful: Detailed pics

Comments (20)