SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Finished! Transitional white marble bathroom

Pipdog
11 years ago

We finally finished the upgrade of our master bath! The bath had been remodeled within the last 7-10 years by the previous owners, but it was pretty sloppy DIY job with few too many grout lines for our taste and we didn't like the tile counters. We decided to expand into a closet and make room for a separate shower.

Truth be told, I'm a little freaked out by the maintenance of the white marble (two toddlers use this bath), but so far it seems to be holding up. We did have some funky grout issues with the shower floor (efflorescence and orange spots appearing), but they seemed to have cleared up on their own. Hopefully it won't be a maintenance nightmare. If anyone has any good cleaning tips for white marble, I'd love to hear them.

I still need some artwork for the wall above the bath and some curtains, but the room is ready for prime time, and we're so happy it's over!

Details:

Calacatta Nuevo marble from AKDO - subway in shower, hex on floors and mini-bricks in niches and backsplash

Grout - White Frost by C-Cure. We originally tried Silver Shadow by Laticrete but it was too dark so we went lighter.

Counters - Caesarstone

Duravit tub

Faucets/tub fixture: Toto

Shower fixture - Raindance by Hansgrohe

BM Light Pewter

Lights - Restoration Hardware

Cabinetry - existing, sprayed with BM White Dove

Pulls from Lowes

Here's the before:

And the after:

Comments (90)